BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market for new exhaust and I just cant decide. Main concerns are to not be too loud as i live in the city and I dont want the aftermarket drone. Anyone here have opinions on the closest to the f-1 sound with the following exhausts?

Rogue Engineering Diablo (Well priced)
RPI ST Mufflers (Well priced)
Supersprint (is the race too loud?)
Dinan (a premium price)

or the more exotics:
Active Autowerks
ASR
Tubi Rumore
I believe these are all premium priced. I need help! Dont want to do X - pipe, just change out the stock cans.

I have watched every you tube video out there so Im asking fellow board members what they love. Thanks!

·
Registered
847 Posts
In the market for new exhaust and I just cant decide. Main concerns are to not be too loud as i live in the city and I dont want the aftermarket drone. Anyone here have opinions on the closest to the f-1 sound with the following exhausts?

Dinan (a premium price)

or the more exotics:
Active Autowerks
ASR
Tubi Rumore
I believe these are all premium priced. I need help! Dont want to do X - pipe, just change out the stock cans.

I have watched every you tube video out there so Im asking fellow board members what they love. Thanks!
The closest to F1 i heard is the Kreist-Sieg exhaust with the valve control, if the valve is open the sound is insane very close to a F1car, valve close nice and quiet.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I say RPI... it is the bet bang for your buck and sounds awesome! go with gt...

·
Registered
16 Posts

Dinan (a premium price)

or the more exotics:
Active Autowerks
ASR
Tubi Rumore

I have an '08 with about 3500mi on it. I did the same exhaustive(no pun intended) youtube search and decided on the Eisenmann race. Had it installed at about the 1000mi point and am completely thrilled. Sounds throaty yet exotic. Definitely F1 at high revs. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Unfortunately, the exhaust sound is more governed by rpm, and crank (firing order) than the mufflers.

I love the sound of my Supersprint race (not too loud) but I personally prefer the Dinan exhaust (which wasn't available when I bought mine).

I have not heard the RPIs in person but if you like them, like other RPI products, they offer great value.

·
4,290 Posts

''not too loud F1-sounding exhaust''

...you realize that's an oximoron

personally i suggest supersprint or a modified CAPRISTO system from a Ferrari 550/575

I like their sound they sound much cleaner too me...

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Try ASR.............

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just put the Tubi Rumore on my 08 M5. Unreal sound, total F1 sound at any RPM range. That is the exact sound I was looking for. My 3 year old son asks everytime he is in the car to go under the overpasses so he can hear the Bimmer F1 sound. A little loud on cold start but stops after 2 or 3 min. No drone whats ever.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Eisenmann Race, RPI, Meisterschaft

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I would say Tubi Rumore if you only want to change Section 3. Sounds great. RPI and Dinan are great also.

·
Registered
561 Posts
i listened to many both in person and online and ended up going with the AA full cat back...scary at first because it is very loud at cold start but anywhere above4k rpms it is F1 and once warmed up the brash loudness resolves

mind you, this was pre RPI and ASR being available, hope this helps

·
Registered
847 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
In my opinion, the Rogue Diablo sounds the most like F1 for the money. I listened to them all and found it to be the best combination of sound, styling (nice clean tips, no logos, just plain and polished), and price.

·
Company Representative for Gthaus
213 Posts
Recommend the Second generation of Meisterschaft GT unit (called GT2)
- only rear muffler if you don't want to be too loud.
GT2 has even higher pitch sound as F-1ish tone - very close to that of Kreissieg.
But if you want to have a sound control - being able to shut it off into silent mode,
choose Kreissieg.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts