BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, not a coolpix...... hiha
I use a Nikon D1H and from next year on the all new D2X.....as soon as my supplier and Nikon can get me one! :D

grtz,

Dex

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay Gustav, I'm going to be very honest here......almost all compact 'consumer cameras' stink. :D
They are slow in autofocus and have a shutterlag time that is long enough for me to shave AND brush my teeth in. :hihihi:
For everyday snapshot pictures they will be just fine, but if you want to take some action packed shots (not necessarily of cars) or get real close-up from a distance you should at least get a DSLR camera with some nice lenses.
Nikon D70 or D100, Canon EOS 10D or 300D are the best choices. :thumbsup:

Hope this helped..... :D

Dex

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ M4ever: All these shots were taken with my Nikon 400 mm f 2.8 lens.
I also use a 80-200 mm f 2.8 Nikon and a 28-70 mm f 2.8 Nikon depending on the circumstances.

@Gustav: Very good idea! :hihi:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kAtAnA309 said:
Puh, I like this one better:

Picture of E36 M3.

:noSMG:

Thanks for the great pictures Dexter. Espescially the one above..

Cheers,

Gerrit
Graag gedaan Gerrit! :D (You're welcome Gerrit!)

Dex

·
Registered
102 Posts
Excellent pics. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Accidentally found another pic I would like to share with all of you....... :7:
Enjoy!

grtz,

Dex

·
Registered
336 Posts
Dexter you should be BMW's official 'Ring photographer. Your photos never fail to amaze me.

Could you give us some detailed data for one particular shot? For example give us a sample shot with info such as shutter speed, aperture, ISO...etc. What kind of filter do you use for these shots? I'm very into photography and editing, but how to get the effect that these images have is way beyond what I know. How do you keep the object well presented while the contrast is set so high (or low gamma?)? Edit the car and the background seperately?

I'd really appreciate it if you could shed some light on it. Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts