BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean Christian and not Fabian right? ;)
Yes he still has it and drives it very well!
I'm still impressed when I see him pass me by on the track, he's definitely one of the fastest ones out there..... :M5launch:

Dex

·
2,941 Posts
DexterB said:
You mean Christian and not Fabian right? ;)
Yes he still has it and drives it very well!
I'm still impressed when I see him pass me by on the track, he's definitely one of the fastest ones out there..... :M5launch:

Dex
You got me :hihi: Sometimes, I mix up names :confused: . I am not that often at the ring (three or four times per year), but have seen his car quitte often.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Great pictures.

I'm currently planning a little Ring trip with a few friends from the UK. Really looking forward to it.

I assume the wheels are BBS RS - do you know what size, width, offset etc they are?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Details about the car? I am real curious about weight (especially with cage), suspension, engine etc. A year or so from now I could see doing that to my high-mileage (chassis), relatively low mileage engine E34 M5. Maybe not that extreme but some lightening and a partial cage would make it quite the track car.

Attachments

·
Registered
687 Posts
KKelly said:
Details about the car? I am real curious about weight (especially with cage), suspension, engine etc...
The suspension is custom built by Bilstein.
The engine is not tuned.
The weight will be little over 1350kg.

·
2,941 Posts
Kevin,

This used to be a tatty 'red' E34 ///M5 3.6 in worse condition. I do have pictures of that car before it's current condition somehwere, but believe me, this car is now better off.

The lightening has been put to the extreme.

The entire interior, including the A/C heater system, instrument panel etc etc has been removed. Also the sound damping material is not there anymore. HE did make quitte a few technical changes (for instance the cooling), but he is not really willing to unveil the details.

There are more E34 ///M5 leight weights out there. I only have to mention Dick Hoekendijk who is doing the same proces on his 1994 E34 ///M5 3.8. With the leightening and changed suspension etc, the E34 is able to play within the E46 M3 CSL and Porsche 996 GT3 liga.

BTG times of 8.00min sharp on public opening days are not an exception.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts