BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking at a 2004 Lexus RX330 at Lexus of Massapequa, Long Island. I would really appreciate if a board member can help check out the exterior and interior conditions for me. A test drive to see if it drives well/normally would be even better.

It is a CPO car with 9,681 miles on it, and a 100k miles warranty, so I don't need mechanical evaluations. But a test drive would be great. One never knows why the PO decided to trade it in.

Please let me know if you can help. Thanks in advance.

CP

·
Registered
635 Posts
I would be more then happy to help but the earliest would be Saturday. I am working from 8am to 9pm this Thursday and Friday. Its 2 minutes from my house. I drive pass everyday.

Regards,

Marion

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mvious said:
I would be more then happy to help but the earliest would be Saturday. I am working from 8am to 9pm this Thursday and Friday. Its 2 minutes from my house. I drive pass everyday.

Regards,

Marion
Marion,

Thanks.

You have PM.

CP

·
Registered
439 Posts
be careful buying a tristate area car... anyone from nyc will tell you the roads here are evil for cars.
its not like cali.
mvious make sure you check inder the car to make sure its all still there.
im sure you know the deal though.
good luck!

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ray,

Good points. However, the car has only been there for 1 year (6-28-04 delivery date) and 9,700 miles, so I'm taking a chance. Also SUVs fare better than Porsches.

Amazing thing is that I'm looking at a 4WD with NAV. I checkd over 500 internet listings, found about 20 with that combination. ALL of them are at least some 2,000 miles from my zip.

Talked to a bunch of Lexus dealers. They say all upper mid-west and east coast RX330s are AWD. 50% in the west are 4WD. In addition, only about 20% of the RX330s come with NAV. If that's I'm after, most likely my car will come from the East Coast or the upper mid-west. That really amazes me.

Another amazing stat is that most of the 4WD/NAV cars are black. I like a lighter color, and that makes it tougher yet again.

CP

·
Registered
439 Posts
well it looks like you did your homework .. hehehe.
im not trying to tell you not to buy it , i just want you to be ultra cautious when you purchase.
when i bought my 540i i barely put 5k miles on it in nyc before someone scuffed the rear bumper, 3 door dings, and when i had the oil changed the mechanic scraped 2 of my wheels on the lift.. grr. and just recently i've had my passenger mirror kicked off and my passenger fender dented for no apparent reason, and last week some lady backed into my hood while i was parked for 5 minutes to grab something from my business in the city.
i guess im trying to say , stuff happens here x12 .
chances are this one belonged to a little old jewish lady that drove it from LI to the Hamptons for the weekends. but if it was her daughters watch out!hmmm

good luck
ray

ps im in maryland hangin out with family this week or i would go look for you also.
:byebye:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts