·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looking at Alpina's website there appears to have only been 2!!!! B9's made between 1982 and 1985 - therefore this 1984 RHD example could be on of only 2 catalyst models (even it's not with only 75 b9's in total it's still v rare)

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
D4 said:
looking at Alpina's website there appears to have only been 2!!!! B9's made between 1982 and 1985 - therefore this 1984 RHD example could be on of only 2 catalyst models (even it's not with only 75 b9's in total it's still v rare)
It's a B9 3.5/1 not a B9 3.5, so it's one of 73 made. Not many were made in RHD though.

·
Registered
456 Posts
It's the second lot of the Patrick collection for sale (the first one was 10 years ago). The car is in good nick, but needs a bit of TLC before going back to use.
If it were a LHD car I'd be interested, but it isn't! However I do know of someone going down to bid ... might even get to drive it one day ...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes Jez there's some nice stuff up for sale and I know a couple going down to bid as well.. mind you there if it's LHD you're after there's a nice M6 in the collection for sale too... (was originally a french car and later in life an Italian registered one...)

BTW are you in the UK this week?

·
Registered
659 Posts
:happybirt One happy seller I would say! :happybirt

£17,000 +

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yup £17K selling price plus 15% sellers fees make's it 1 very expensive B9.. at £19550

so anyone here know who the buyer was? I know of about 3-4 bidders who were at the auction who didn't successfully buy it...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
therefore at a guess anyone lucky enough to have either a b9 or b10 6 series could consider there car having just jumped up in price (especially if they could find the bidders who weren't sucessful...)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kees said:
Don't tell me you picked out your own Xmas present this year? :eek:
i doubt it... £20K on a 20 year old car - not even Jimmy would have gone that far.... :1:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Alas I was not in the running, to be honest I am not a keen fan of the 6 but with those miles and in that condition thats the 6 I would have gone for if I had to though not for anywhere near that money!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
there were obviously plenty of large wallets there.. most of the decent stuff wnet for silly money... the 3K mile Z1 in yellow went for £21850 though the LHD M6 only made £2990...

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
And £4600 each for a mint Volvo 740GLE and Toyota Tercel.

Surely the M6 is worth many times more than that?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the toyota tercel was bought purely for the registration plate...

LOG1X

1 - 18 of 18 Posts