BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone!

Just read the DIY on the spark plugs the beginning of the week and commited myself to doing it. My car has been running like crap for a while. It would break up around 4,500 Rpms, and I felt such a great loss of power. I also had KN Filters and I definitely think they messed up the original MAFs.

So I did my research on here, and found BIMMERZONE.com . I Bought the MAFS and Original Filters , and used amazon for the Denso IK20 irdium spark plugs.

I took my time yesterday, got my 5/8 Spark Plug socket with the rubber, the wobble joint, and at least 20"" of extension. Also used the 3/4 Torque wrench at 17 ft/lbs. I gapped all my plugs (.32) because every little bit counts! Everything was easy with the DIY and all had a perfect install. I changed the MAFs and the filters that was incredibly easy.

Now the car pulls like crazy! Going from having traction and going slow to be completely overwhelmed! The car is back to life and so much fun!

If you didn't do your spark plugs or don't know the condition of it! DO IT, you'll definitely be in for a surprise. Happy Holidays! :2:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9550/5.0.0.320 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Job well done!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
A new DIYer
Made in M5borad

·
Registered
345 Posts
+1 on the plug swapping. Really pretty easy job as BiGGE mentioned if following the DIY. Mine had 78k on the originals, car was running pretty good actually, but the plugs that came out? __OMG__ they were in really bad shape. New plugs and the M definitely idles smoother and pulls harder. Highly recommended! Got my OEM plugs through Pelican parts for around $8/per. Did coil connectors too "just because" I was in there, but probably unnecessary.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
78,000 woo! Mine is at 50K, and the car felt terrible. So all the upgrades made such an improvement, at the moment the roads are terrible here in NYC and my tires are bald. The car feels scary fast pulling through 3rd and 4th gears. Definitely DY the plugs and MAFs though, Feels so good!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts