BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 M5 and I am trying to install an external cell phone antenna. I am looking for a wiring diagram to show how the pre wired antenna leads run. Thanks.

·
10,455 Posts
Do you mean where they are? I can help you there. If by how, you mean what wires/pins do what, then I have no idea, but if you contact martin at bimmernav.com he probably will.

As for where, there should be a lead in the trunk audio stack and up under the headliner at the pass side rear. If you sit in the pass side back seat, and pull back the headliner, the antenna lead should be there (at least it was on my 00 and that's where the guys at my dealer told me to look).
Mike

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I trying to determine were the lead from the snap in goes. I know that when you install the snap in the lead for the antenna goes to a connection coming out of the center consol. I am trying to find out were the lead from the center consol terminates.

Do you have Martin's email address?

mottati said:
Do you mean where they are? I can help you there. If by how, you mean what wires/pins do what, then I have no idea, but if you contact martin at bimmernav.com he probably will.

As for where, there should be a lead in the trunk audio stack and up under the headliner at the pass side rear. If you sit in the pass side back seat, and pull back the headliner, the antenna lead should be there (at least it was on my 00 and that's where the guys at my dealer told me to look).
Mike

·
Registered
235 Posts
In my 03, I believe it goes to the right rear area (same place as bluetooth connector) .. Mine has a FAKRA in there labeled GSM.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see a FAKRA connector there but it is labeled WCTD. I can not find a FAKRA connector labeled GSM. What is your build date? Did you find a FAKRA connector labeled WCTD?

El_Mono said:
In my 03, I believe it goes to the right rear area (same place as bluetooth connector) .. Mine has a FAKRA in there labeled GSM.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I saw the wtcd too ..

build date of 2/03. The GSM one is packed DEEP in the bundle. Like I said I think its the same bundle as the bluetooth fakra.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts