BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know lots of people here have questions about extended warranties. I've seen some horror stories about them as well. So, I figured I'll share my first experience with one.

Few days ago, while performing routine maintenance, my dealer noted few problems: <O:p</O:p
1. Rear Main Seal is leaking(~$1300)<O:p</O:p
2. Rear Diff seals are leaking. <O:p</O:p
3. One of the support links of rear stabilizer was broken. (I think this was a result of hitting a pothole few months ago)<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

Total bill @ $115/h labor = $1961(of which about 1750 is labor)<O:p</O:p

Car is 2003 M5, 52Kmi. <O:p</O:p

My SA called the warranty people and next day the adjuster came to look at the car and approved 1 & 2 with slight difference in labor time and cost of diff fluid. #3 was more or less rolled with #2 by my dealer, so i didn't have to pay for much of that.<O:p</O:p

In the end, i had to pay total $570(including $100 deductible). <O:p</O:p

Warranty people were very prompt and I didn't even have to deal with them - everything was done by my SA(Kris @ Towson BMW in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
Maryland</st1:State>, <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1:pUSA</ST1:p</st1:country-region>, highly recommend).<O:p</O:p

Warranty info: Warranty <st1:country-region w:st="on">America</st1:country-region>, Platinum Plan($100 deductible), 4 years, 60Kmi=$3300. This is not bumper to bumper coverage.<O:p</O:p

Over all i would recommend them.

Hope this is useful info.<O:p</O:p

·
Registered
877 Posts
I have the same one and have been working on a claim right now (http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=111757) as well... I am trying to determine the discrepancy between the warranty's labor manual (alldata) and BMW's labor manual (KSD). The difference in coverage is about 2.55 hours of labor, which isnt a huge deal, but I want to get it nailed down now so I dont have to go through this every time. I got a copy of the BMW KSD printout from my tech and the warranty company told me to fax it to them and that they might be able to step it up a bit... I'll let everyone know what happens.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
You paid for a $100 deductible warantty, and yet paid $570 for repairs?

Hmmm.

BTW, every warranty I've read covers fluids when replacement is required by the repair.

Curious as to how CCM does with this issue too...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3,5 hours of labor were not covered and allowed price for diff fluid was different. that came out to about 470 + 100 deductable. Seems like it's similar issue as ccm.

Still, i'm just happy they paid with no fuss. After hearing all the crap about Ext. Warranties :)

·
Registered
877 Posts
Well after some bitching, they stepped up their labor coverage. I only have to pay for the diff bushings and some labor to do those plus my deductible ($50). Brenden was the adjuster I dealt with and he was excellent - after several attempts to talk to my service rep he called the service manager to track him down in person to get this thing settled. Overall, I would say very pleased - it just took a little work on my part.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Well after some bitching, they stepped up their labor coverage. I only have to pay for the diff bushings and some labor to do those plus my deductible ($50). Brenden was the adjuster I dealt with and he was excellent - after several attempts to talk to my service rep he called the service manager to track him down in person to get this thing settled. Overall, I would say very pleased - it just took a little work on my part.
There you go!:cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts