BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
haha dexter is our resident comedian....don't mind him! what he meant to say was use the search button. there is an extended warranty thread that is posted almost every day.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
haha thanks buddy. appreciate it. when searching there is a lot of clutter that comes up sometimes so thought itd be easier to start a fresh one. will research elsewhere.
That's why it pays to spend time going through threads to see if there's even one post that will help you. I'm not lecturing but things like warranty and BMW go hand-in-hand, like lamb and tuna fish, it's just common sense...it's one of the first three or four things you should type in the search box before even posting...knowledge is power and you will be respected for at least having done some homework.

The M5board community isn't a childish, boy-racer, put-you-down site full of c*cks (see Acura, Honda, etc), however a bit of research goes a long way. We are all here to help just take the time to soak in all the great information.

That said, I will cave and offer some direction: Fidelity (Bruce M. on this board), EasyCare and Zurich are three of the most popular 3rd parties, though I'm not sure on the status of Zurich. They each have their pro's and con's. I went with a 2/24 BMW Powertrain Plus since my car is a weekend driver and has but 17k on it. I decided that I will pay out of pocket for non-catastrophic things and be covered for major driveability issues like SMG, Engine and Vanos.

Sorry but I set high expectations for people and most of the time getting let down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts