BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Extended Warranties

1469 19
Who provides the best and cheapest 3rd party extended warranty? How is it determined what is normal wear and tear for coverage? For example, would MAFs always be covered under a warranty?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
13,086 Posts
jordantii said:
The deductible is only charged if the warranty is used. If they can't find the problem they don't charge you.
But won't the BMW dealer charge you??

Can even be worse- they do a diagnostic for $150-200, but can't find the problem, then the warranty company says "no problem, no coverage". You're out $200 not the deductible.

· Registered
13,086 Posts
Hector Lopez said:
I just got a 5/75 on my 01 w/31k miles for 3100. No deduct. "Platimnum". I did a lot of research, and even tok all of the information to SA and he says it all looks good. These guys are also one of the few that will cover a California car.
I sure hope the SA wasn't employed by the same dealer who sold it...

That is an interesting warranty as the time begins on the date of warranty purchase- but the mileage is base on total mileage. Not bad for many owners here who are buying (relatively) low mileage cars with 2,3 4 years already on them.

But boy, that's a chunk of change I'd rather put into headers! :)

A

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.