BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Extended Warranties

1467 19
Who provides the best and cheapest 3rd party extended warranty? How is it determined what is normal wear and tear for coverage? For example, would MAFs always be covered under a warranty?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
When I purchased mine, I got a 4 year 48,000 mile warranty $100 deductible (on top of the 21300 miles it had on it when I purchased it) for about 2900. I absolutely think that it was worth it, you never know what can happen. I wish I had it on my Carrera 4 when I had to reseal the engine due to an oil leak ($5000) after only 8 months of ownership.

It is all about the piece of mind! hiha

Make sure you read the fine print with these warranties. I researched some, and it really looked like you had to jump through hoops to be reimbursed or to be covered at all. Don't just look for the best price, look for the easiest terms to deal with.

· Registered
51 Posts
Riley6, I actually purchased through the dealer that I bought my M5 from. Since seeing this thread though I did more research on the company that the dealer placed me with and seems they have had some complaints about not paying. I am now thinking about cancelling the policy (According to the contract I can get a 100% refund as long as I cancel within 60 days) and getting it through AAA, seems like the company they use is pretty easy to deal with. The cost is the same.

Lots of sleazy companies out there. I found alot of the complaints on www.ripoffreport.com.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.