BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone in Vancouver know about how much the extended leather option is gonna cost on the M5? For the 6, it only costs around $1800 Candian but I remember someone saying that it cost them $6900 on their e39 M5
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
955 Posts
martinngan said:
Does anyone in Vancouver know about how much the extended leather option is gonna cost on the M5? For the 6, it only costs around $1800 Candian but I remember someone saying that it cost them $6900 on their e39 M5
i believe Extended leather is standard on M5. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,940 Posts
martinngan said:
oh...I am sorry, I meant full leather...is it going to be around $6900 just like the old M5?
What's the difference?

Doesn't the E60 M5 have Vollleder as std?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,940 Posts
Anglas said:
I suppose extended version means roof and other parts of the car in leather whereas standard version has not got it :rolleyes:
The dash is covered in leather as standard, no, as is the armrest and backs of the front seats?

So what does Vollleder bring in addition?

Bizarrely, it seems I may be able to get black alcantara headlining in my B5 for LESS than the conventional anthracite headlining - go figure... Something to do with having Individual paint, so I can get the headlining thrown in as part of a package. All of which will make my Alpina a HIGHLY unusual car, as technically it will also be an official "Individual" car (i.e. built by BMW and Alpina, trimmed by M/// and Alpina).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
hythe said:
The dash is covered in leather as standard, no, as is the armrest and backs of the front seats?

So what does Vollleder bring in addition?

Bizarrely, it seems I may be able to get black alcantara headlining in my B5 for LESS than the conventional anthracite headlining - go figure... Something to do with having Individual paint, so I can get the headlining thrown in as part of a package. All of which will make my Alpina a HIGHLY unusual car, as technically it will also be an official "Individual" car (i.e. built by BMW and Alpina, trimmed by M/// and Alpina).
Doubt that dash in leather is standard option in new M5 but for sure know that the roof in alcantara is optional one or it goes as an individual option or something like this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
559 Posts
This discussion is becoming confusing as people in different markets add their thoughts. What is "standard" in Canada is not necessarily the same as in other markets. BMW Canada Inc. specifies what it wants "standard" on its cars. As far as I know, pricing on the various Canadian options has not yet been released.

Best regards,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,412 Posts
martinngan said:
Does anyone in Vancouver know about how much the extended leather option is gonna cost on the M5? For the 6, it only costs around $1800 Candian but I remember someone saying that it cost them $6900 on their e39 M5
I threw the number of $6900 CAN. out there in one of the other posts only for comparison purposes. I have a copy of the E39 M5 price list somewhere, I just can't seem to locate it right now but that number really seems to ring a bell. As far as what the full leather options will cost on the E60, we wait patiently.

Regards,
T.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
thanks for the link fcbblue, I am a bit confused about the alcantara roof lining, does it come with extended leather or do we have to get full leather for that?
This matter with the extended and full leather is really really confusing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,412 Posts
martinngan said:
I am a bit confused about the alcantara roof lining, does it come with extended leather or do we have to get full leather for that?
Don't really know for sure but I think that the Alcantara headliner will come with the full leather option, not with the standard extended leather.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,512 Posts
Has anyone (else) seen clear taillights on a 645? I saw one picture on the web a while back but I can't seen to find any others. I believe it was a European Part/Option and I would like to pick them up when I take European Delivery of my U.S. spec 645 in a couple of weeks. Might they be a part I could find at the local BMW dealer (BMW Niederlassung München) near the delivery center? I've also interested in the clear front turn signals (European) vice the orange (U.S.) stock ones. These are parts I hope to buy in Europe and later install on the car when it arrives at my local dealship in Sep/Oct.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Terk said:
Don't really know for sure but I think that the Alcantara headliner will come with the full leather option, not with the standard extended leather.
Yes it comes with the ful leather option, but you can get it also as an option with the extended leather version.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,412 Posts
fcbblue said:
Yes it comes with the ful leather option, but you can get it also as an option with the extended leather version.
Thanks for the info and your contributions to this thread. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,940 Posts
Okay, here's daft, from a UK M5 digital brochure:

Extended Merino Leather - std
Extended Merino Leather, Perforated - £5,320
Full Merino Leather - £5,320

Something's badly wrong with their math...
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top