BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Dan,

I have seen more than one leather specification on DC92 cars. I will have to dig out some old information/correspondence on this to refresh my memory - there were quite a few cars which were supplied with basic leather trim (perhaps those ordered for dealer stock?) whilst others had extended leather. The leather upholstery option listed for M5 was much more costly (twice as much) than for other E28's. I seem to recall that the (6) cars with Buffalo leather had an even higher spec - or perhaps I am confusing this with the few cars ordered with 'Special Upholstery' - this is where my memory has dimmed somewhat!

A few (?) cars with cloth have been converted to leather, e.g. using the 'standard leather' trim from an M535i.

I'm sure others will have views on this and probably a few images, too...

Regards

Mfiver

·
Registered
940 Posts
If can refresh Mfiver's memory, using an old post found in one of my threads:

"As far as I know, option 077 was 'Special Leather' (fitted to only one other GB car, 063) but I don't exactly know how that option varies from 086 'Complete Leather pack' (062 and 187 only), though car 187 has a leather-lined boot".

The discussion at the time was about the 'Special Leather' option ordered on RHD No. 077, which I'm pretty sure extended to the entire centre console, as well as the dash, glove box, sunvisor area, overhead grab handles and rear parcel shelf.
Here are a few old images of 077's interior (pictures courtesy of M5Wagon).

[Note the curious coincidence that car 077 had option 077!]

Anyone have any pictures of 062, 063 or 187 interiors?

Attachments

·
Registered
940 Posts
RHD #094 recently sold on the bay of e.
Car's description and pictures showed that it has extended leather, but the build sheet does not.
Retrofit?

Attachments

·
Registered
940 Posts
..I seem to recall that the (6) cars with Buffalo leather had an even higher spec - or perhaps I am confusing this with the few cars ordered with 'Special Upholstery' - this is where my memory has dimmed somewhat!..
My spreadsheet only shows five (5) DC92's with the Anthracite Buffalo leather option (0180): 001/004/060/080 & 140.

However the leather in the above picture of 1679094 looks a lot like buffalo hide to me - could this be the sixth car, thereby explaining why it has the extended leather?

·
Registered
471 Posts
My spreadsheet only shows five (5) DC92's with the Anthracite Buffalo leather option (0180): 001/004/060/080 & 140.

However the leather in the above picture of 1679094 looks a lot like buffalo hide to me - could this be the sixth car, thereby explaining why it has the extended leather?
I suspect that the sixth DC92 with Buffalo was 139 - Malachite green exterior with Special upholstery. I will have to dig back into the paperwork but my notes suggest that this car may have had Nutria upholstery.

Regards

Mfiver

1 - 7 of 7 Posts