BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a performance exhaust, most of the ones in the market are too loud imho. Come across this Rouge Engineering setup, any one has any experience with this setup? And if you do, can you comment on how much hp gain can be expected. Thanks.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Never dyno'd with the RE exhaust but there is a definite power gain; the can setup is of a much smaller form factor and also gives you an "extra kick" during a throttle stab. I also love the exhaust note before and after 4000 RPM!!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Most (if not all) exhausts will be considered good if they do not lose any power. I'd be highly suspicious of claims of power gain.

I just ordered the rogue setup. Will post pics and video once I have it installed.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Most (if not all) exhausts will be considered good if they do not lose any power. I'd be highly suspicious of claims of power gain.

I just ordered the rogue setup. Will post pics and video once I have it installed.
It would be nice if you could dyno pre/post as well. THanks.:cheers:

·
Registered
458 Posts

I don't work for RE nor do I get $$$ for praising them; they've got a great product that gives you a definite gain (Might not be 50hp but a gain non-the-less) and the note really awakens once you swap out section 1 and 2 for cat delete/x-pipe. It sounds like something out of a synthesizer. The weight loss in the can setup is a definite improvment too!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
How many systems have you looked at and analyzed?
The hp gain = zero.
You feel an improved throttle response, yes absolutely but this does not equate to hp gains.

Cheers, M5Ranger

·
Registered
458 Posts
How many systems have you looked at and analyzed?
The hp gain = zero.
You feel an improved throttle response, yes absolutely but this does not equate to hp gains.

Cheers, M5Ranger
Actually, u're right about a lack of HP gain but definite sharpness in throttle response!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts