BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since some of our board members have had bad experiences with one of our former board sponsors - RMS - in the past, we're interested to keep a close eye on the business practices of our board sponsors. Therefore I am starting this seperate thread to guage people's opinions on the messageboard sponsors.

Naturally, we're not only interested in bad experiences. Good experiences with these companies are also very welcome.

However - to ensure that all feedback is useful, please only post in this thread with direct experiences relating to these companies.

So let's hear it. Good stories, bad stories.

Remember - please stick to factual information relating to direct experiences with the board sponsors.

·
10,455 Posts
always a good idea to have feedback. It's funny, looking at the sponsor list, i've dealt with almost all of them, either directly or indirectly, and have had very positive experiences.
My direct purchases, in alphabetical order!:
Beastpower: Fast professional, always available for advice
Discovery: despite likely being the cheapest project out of DA, i received excellent service and attention to detail that an enthusiast would demand
Evosport:purchased my supersprint cat back system last year at their end of 2003 sale, good advice, quick shipment
Tire rack (before they were a sponsor)
UUC shifter, knobs and trans mounts, great products, an asset to the board
Zeckhausen THE man for brakes, bar none! From advice that will not net Dave a penny, to bbk's to track advice!
All were wonderful to do business with!

Indirectly,
Supersprint (purchased thru evosport and discovery on separate occasions). Very pleased with the product, makes me smile everytime i put my foot down!

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
mottati said:
always a good idea to have feedback. It's funny, looking at the sponsor list, i've dealt with almost all of them, either directly or indirectly, and have had very positive experiences.
My direct purchases, in alphabetical order!:
Beastpower: Fast professional, always available for advice
Discovery: despite likely being the cheapest project out of DA, i received excellent service and attention to detail that an enthusiast would demand
Evosport:purchased my supersprint cat back system last year at their end of 2003 sale, good advice, quick shipment
Tire rack (before they were a sponsor)
UUC shifter, knobs and trans mounts, great products, an asset to the board
Zeckhausen THE man for brakes, bar none! From advice that will not net Dave a penny, to bbk's to track advice!
All were wonderful to do business with!

Indirectly,
Supersprint (purchased thru evosport and discovery on separate occasions). Very pleased with the product, makes me smile everytime i put my foot down!
Very similar experiences, except I bought my SS headers from Discovery and had them get me the Evosport pullies from Brad and ship them at the same time. Bill was great, answered all my emails and spent time on the phone with me also. Never in a rush. Brad also responded to emails, both were a pleasure to deal with. I would continue to do business with both of them in a minute!
Same for Dave Z. Great deal on brakes, brake lines, etc., plenty of email support. Transactions smooth as silk. He even took back a part that I ordered and found I didn't need. No restocking fee! So when I was ready for BBK, he was first choice.
Daniel (Beastpower) is a great guy, even when buying small items. He always did what he said he was going to do. No problems.
Luke @ Tire Rack took care of a small item. I have used them over the years and have never had a problem with them.
My SSK is great, as well as my custom diff, but neither is from a current sponsor, so no comment! :haha2:
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
947 Posts
Beastpower supplied my EVOIII SSK quickly and at a good rate. Friendly people, wish they'd come to our UK meets when over here!!!!

Dave Z for all the advice he gives and helping me locate Stoptech UK dealers!

Good thread, cheers :cheers:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I had great experiences/service/support from Beastpower, Zeckhausen & Evosport! :M5thumbs:

:cheers:

·
Registered
204 Posts
I bought a UUC EVO 3 SSK and DSSR from Beastpower, amazing service, amazing product!

So Beatspower get:
A++++

And UUC get:

A++++
(I feel like I'm leaving feedback on ebay!)

(I also purchased a clutch stop and clutch bushings from UUC for my old e36 a while ago, excelent service and products back then as well)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I can also vouch for an excellent experience with both Beastpower and Evosport. IMO, Daniel with BeastPower is in a league of his own -- an ex-tech guy who has a thorough understanding of true customer service. His lightening speed response to any question or concern is steadfast and reliable -- not to mention, he's very active on the Board.

Example: last year he was helping me determine which exhaust to get and he must have answered a dozen emails (usually within an hr or so). Ultimately, I didn't buy the exhaust from him, although I purchased other items and plan to buy more. This is very refreshing and something I place alot of value on.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I give very high marks to both Dave Zeckhausen and Daniel at Beastpower, both are more than willing to help with information and advice, quotes on parts, etc no matter if a sale or not. Would buy from either of them without any worries.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Dave Z., Evosport & Lidatek (at least three transactions from each) - no worries, very smooth.

Beastpower was wildly optimistic on estimated delivery times (Tubi and pedals), and extremely rude to me when I inquired about it. I probably caught Daniel on very bad day.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just to balance, my experience with Beastpower was just the opposite, Daniel was conservative on delivery times, and was very patient with my questions about BBK package details, shipping etc. A satisfied customer.

ELEVENS said:
Beastpower was wildly optimistic on estimated delivery times (Tubi and pedals), and extremely rude to me when I inquired about it. I probably caught Daniel on very bad day.

B

·
0 Posts
ELEVENS said:
Not sure where this is coming from, but this is first I have EVER heard any compaint from you, and I can certainly not imagine what you are referring to when you say that we were rude to you. We try to be super polite with everyone we communicate with, and the hundreds of customers and thousands of potential customers that we have worked with can surely attest to this. Plus, as you and I have never spoken on the phone as far as I remember, I can only assume that the "rudeness" you mention was in the form of an e-mail, which I would love to see if you have a copy saved.

I will concede that we were overly optimistic regarding both the Tubi and Titanium Pedal group buy delivery times, but we did communicate extremely actively (almost daily within this forum) with all purchasers to make them fully aware of the delays, and that the delays relate solely to the suppliers of these unique products, and that the delays had no relation to BeastPower. Moreover, in line with our policy, we have always allowed customers to receive a 100% refund of their payment on any order up until the time it is shipped.

You received an exceptional price on both the Tubi and pedals, and I specifically remember you commenting within this forum, how impressed you were to receive advance notification of the FedEx arrival of the pedals. Moreover, you personally went to collect the Tubi from Tubi Style USA, and we even waived the packaging and handling fee that we were charged by Tubi.

Regards,

Daniel.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Beastpower = A++++

Never an issue for returns, great pricing, superb support. Very Fast Communication.

Zeckhausen = A+++++.

An Extra "+" for next day delivery of in stock items, packaged with loving care.

UUC Motorwerks = C-

Not for quality but for delivery and complete lack of customer support. There's a reason my signature still says "stock for about a week" for the last month....BUT once I reached a person named Sonny at UUC, all was resolved quite quickly; and to my satisfaction. This is my experience up to the present time. If I purchase from them again, I will report on this.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
jjc1843 said:
UUC Motorwerks = C-

Not for quality but for delivery and complete lack of customer support. There's a reason my signature still says "stock for about a week" for the last month....BUT once I reached a person named Sonny at UUC, all was resolved quite quickly; and to my satisfaction. This is my experience up to the present time. If I purchase from them again, I will report on this.

Quite honestly, I think the distinction between "manufacturer" and "vendor" needs to be made clear. When dealing with UUC, you are not dealing with a reseller who can order a part out of a big warehouse. There's nothing wrong with a vendor (Mr. Zeckhausen in particular in an exemplary source of information above and beyond what is offered by the manufacturers he represents - truly a "value added" resource), no disrespect intended, but the work at UUC involves much more than ordering and warehousing.

The vast majority of items sold by UUC are manufactured by us, or for us by specialty manufacturers to our specifications. In terms of our own manufacturing, we have extremely high levels of quality control, which extends production time. Our products are designed and built with an attention to detail and design/build quality that, quite frankly, is above and beyond the norm in the general realm of aftermarket components. The majority of our customers realize and appreciate that fact, and we are most grateful for their patronage.

UUC began with my personal mandate: to build the best, or don't bother. It was not too many years ago that I myself was a "customer" looking for hotrod parts for my BMW (I've been a 5-series/M5 guy since the beginning) and was disappointed with the lack of quality and lack of information I found in the marketplace. UUC must be better than that. We must provide an education on a component and have it work exactly as advertised or even better. With that in mind, I can say with certainty that we "set the bar" for engineering innovation and manufacturing quality. A close comparison will easily reveal that veracity of concept.

One thing we are unfortunately known for is occassional delivery delays - this being a curse of success, that we may get swamped due to the popularity of some items, yet can only manufacture a certain amount per time period. We are constantly expanding our facilities and manufacturing capabilities, yet demand continues to increase at a matching rate.

We ask that customers recognize the difference between a legitmate backorder due to production time delay, and "bad service". Bad service is not taking care of a customer properly when given the chance, a critical distinction.

As you had "reached" Sunny (I don't know what the particulars of the situation were, but I assumed you had called in), you were immediately taken care of, correct? That's good service, having nothing to do with a production delay. Had there been a bookkeeping or ordering error or confusion on our part, I sincerely apologize but ask you to understand that we are all human - no perfect robots work at UUC.

I think that you will find our genuine customer service and extended support to be far and above that offered, or even capable of being offered, by others. As we are ultimately responsible for each of our designs, these "children" of ours are sent out into the world as representing UUC, and we must do everything to ensure they make a good lasting impression.

As always, we are available by telephone to help with any ordering or technical questions... and offer technical support for our products even if purchased from one of our many vendors around the world.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I just bought Red Trans bushings (My beast is gonna start getting hardcore performance parts for some serious tracking!!!) from UUC last week, they shipped them the same day! Too many times good service goes unmentioned, so here's my "Pat on the Back" to UUC once again. (I need a good spot to put the decal on, any suggestions?)

Phil...

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
I'll echo Ottati's comments:
Beastpower: Great support and customer service attitude. Love my Tubis.
Tire rack: Always quick on shipments and their installer base is great. I've only used one installer - because they are so good, I've always gone back to the same one.
UUC shifter: great product; have my eye on a UUC clutch, and Rob is an asset to the board
Zeckhausen: THE man for brakes, bar none! From advice that will not net Dave a penny, to bbk's to track advice! Got my pads and SS lines from Dave.
Supersprint: Only as mfr. Got them for my other car. They're awesome products, too.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Editting2

Ducman69 said:
Since you have actually used the services of both DA and RMS, have you dealt with any of the other sponsers like Evosport or Beastpower or any other tuners that you can recommend? I believe your advice carries more weight than second hand advise from someone who "believes" one shop is better than another because they read about them on the internet.
I have used Beastpower and Scuderia Systems - both of whom are sponsors of this forum.... and can vouch fully for their professionalism!

Additionally, although i have never been able to purchase anything from DaveZ at Zeckhausen - I have nothing but praise for his commitment and professionalism also.

I'd be interested to see what Abdullas bill came to .. knowing that its was thousands $$$ just to ship that car eachway ..... But I do love the ACS steering wheel and rear spoiler....

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
DaveZ is Da Man for brakes.

Beastpower .....all Good.

Evosport......No complaints

Rennsport.....Good

Powerchip...Awesome....continual suport and aftersales service.

All my dealings with Past and Present sponsors have been great.

(I never dealt with RMS) :3:

·
Registered
53 Posts
After reading all of these posts, it reminded me to add my praise for the guys at Powerchip. I worked with Trevor and he was incredibly helpful, friendly and patient. I had read amazing stories from many board members about PC, so my expectations were quite high. I was not dissapointed in the least and they lived up to their reputation. Of course, add the fact that their product does exactly what they claim -- one of the most critical, if not THE most critical upgrade I've made to my M5. Thanks to the entire PC crew!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts