BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Anyone? Who owns the Kelleners M6 in Gustav's videos?
That would be me. I had more done to my car than just software. I know they will remove the limiter, but unless you add the cams and cats to the system, your gains will be minimal (other than removal of the limiter). You can call the guys in Germany--they speak English.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Kelleners ECU Modifications

As in ECU maps?

Happy? Unhappy? any significant power gains without hardware mods?

Thanks in advance :)
I have the Kelleners/Schrick cams in my car. And wanted the ECU from Kelleners to accompany the cam set since the VANOS was tweaked some.

So......

I spent $2000.00 on on the Kelleners ECU program after they told me that the VANOS timing was "tweaked" on their ECU! I bought it specifically due to the fact thgat they were the only company advertising that they apply this change to the ECU. After we got it installed in my car, Active Autowerke and I cracked open their ECU program to see if it was truly programmed like they said it was..........to our surprise, we found that NOTHING was adjusted to the ECU for the exception of the top speed limiter removal and attempt to raise the rev limiter which did work. This is the COMPLETE truth guys. I cant get my money back neither. The Kelleners car videos put on a good show because of the other changes they make to the car - the gains arent from the ECU - their ECU does nothing for the performance (atleast the one I got from them). When comparing both open files and reading all the bits, the Kellener's ECU has less performance enhancing mods applied to it then Active's ECU program - and Active's ECU is also priced cheaper. Dont take my word on this. Call Barry and Karl and Active - they were looking at the data files first hand right next to me. We couldnt believe it.

If you only want your top speed limiter removed, then the Kelleners ECU works. But Active does the same thing plus more for less. The choice is yours....

I would go with AA for ECUs not with Kelleners.

I removed the Kelleners program and now have the Active ECU back in my car.

Also RussRamz - sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I will PM you as soon as I can!!!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks a lot guys. Yes I've been speaking with Andy & Ralf there, I just wanted some feedback from customers. It's the best way to gauge if a product is worth it or not.

Anyone had experiences with the CA Automotive remaps?

I read elsewhere on this forum about someone complaining about injector fault codes popping up after an AA remap, which scares me a bit, especially as I'm half way across the globe and would have to ship the ECU back and forth to get the software sorted out.

·
Video Guru
1,420 Posts
I would go with AA for ECUs not with Kelleners.

I removed the Kelleners program and now have the Active ECU back in my car.
I have the AA ECU delimit and its just great. Been north of the delimit many many many times and the SMG gear shifts are alot smoother aswell. None of that hesitancy that was there before.
No other mods planned. Cars fast enough for me as it is.

PitziCSL said:
I just wanted some feedback from customers.
Hope this helps. You might not notice the the perceptible hesitancy in the SMG shifts but after the ECU AA delimit you'll find yourself saying.."thatfeels much better"
The delimit providede by the ECU tune is amazing for me as I do high speed runs frequently
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tFbnzgQiX1E
and was constantly hitting the limiter. No more. The car is also noticeably faster. I have friends here with the same AA ECU tune who have reported the same experience.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the AA ECU delimit and its just great. Been north of the delimit many many many times and the SMG gear shifts are alot smoother aswell. None of that hesitancy that was there before.
No other mods planned. Cars fast enough for me as it is.

Hope this helps. You might not notice the the perceptible hesitancy in the SMG shifts but after the ECU AA delimit you'll find yourself saying.."thatfeels much better"
The delimit providede by the ECU tune is amazing for me as I do high speed runs frequently
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tFbnzgQiX1E
and was constantly hitting the limiter. No more. The car is also noticeably faster. I have friends here with the same AA ECU tune who have reported the same experience.
Thanks for the feedback. Did you have V25 before the AA ECU tune?
I've found that the shift quality is so much better.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I had a lengthy discussion with Andy and then Ralf and Kellener-Sport today. They are certain that the software they provide based on their full engine tune is different than that of the limiter removal. After they spoke with their technician, the tech said it is highly unlikely that the software code he modified was even able to be read. The technician that writes the code for Kelleners has "very close ties to BMW". Apparently there are two different processors and two different sets of code. Ralf told me the code "is in there" One version of their software removes the top speed limiter while the other version is specifically written to include modification for the 292/280 Schrick cams.

All I know is what they told me and how my car performs. It's bullet-proof, not one problem, and I can beat a stock Z06 with confidence...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I took the opportunity of a fortnight in England recently to send my ECU (MY 2000) to CA for a remap. Refitted it on my return and am very happy with the results. The driveability is much improved with a more consistent response to the throttle. The car seems more lively generally. Note that the ECU on RHD cars is on the passenger side and removing the cover to the electronics is much aided by a ball-end (terminology ? anyway it allows one to get to the screw from an angle) Allen key - I lost two normal L-shaped keys which are still floating around the car underneath the ECU.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts