BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of your guys have got the carbon fiber engine cover? Or any kind of mod on the plastic engine cover?

I'm thinking of getting the REVOZPORT CF engine cover...

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
AWESOME...........What's the H.P. gain with that ????..........Kidding , just busten them......some of the New York guys have them, they look cool.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So does this mean that the CF engine cover is quite rare among M5 Board owners?

So will this make my M5 a bit more special then :)

It would be a good combination with the GruppeM. But I wonder if the carbon fiber color shade will match.

·
Registered
944 Posts
dont forget it may not just be eye candy because the csl m3 has carbon plenium and has a far better induction noise inside the car.

·
Registered
994 Posts
dont forget it may not just be eye candy because the csl m3 has carbon plenium and has a far better induction noise inside the car.
That's due to removed sound deadening not the engine cover...

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
I guess looks are important, and i agree that they are, heck what would just a plain M5 look like at a custom car show.............

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I have bought from REVOZPORT before. And I'm satisfied with their quality.

I'm talking with Ken if I can get the engine cover in RED CF then I'll also put on the GruppeM airbox. And ACS front bar.

The red would surely make my engine look meaner.

Attachments

·
Registered
814 Posts
I have bought from REVOZPORT before. And I'm satisfied with their quality.

I'm talking with Ken if I can get the engine cover in RED CF then I'll also put on the GruppeM airbox. And ACS front bar.

The red would surely make my engine look meaner.
man... that thing looks mean!!!! awesome... I'm as always... jealous..

·
Registered
847 Posts
I like the original black carbon better:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
hmmm Black or Red? Well Ken has emailed me and said that he can do it in blue for $150 more. I'm still waiting for his answer for RED. I wonder what you guys think. Black, Red, or Blue. The problem with black is,it might not match the shade if I buy the GruppeM. So having a blue or red would mean I could still use the GruppeM which selling at about close to half price by its previous owner.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
The air plenums in CF are surely beautiful pieces, especially in red.
The problem for me is that I can not justify the cost of thousands of $$$.
They are just an overlay. They are not true CF made parts. If I'm mistaken, whomever trully knows please inform me.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I remember reading that only black can be carbon fiber and the other colors are not true carbon fiber. I could be wrong..

I think it was CA Automotive.. they had a PDF on it. It was defiantly a board sponsor though.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I'm going for the red with REVOZPORT. I am located here in Asia and shipping cost is not that much.

After mine is done. I'll post pictures here. Carbon or carbon like red, I still think it looks meaner than the plastic black. Anyway, I sent KEN the link to this post in case he can answer the questions about that black is the only real carbon.

I told Ken, after mine is done, if there is interest among our fellow board members, then maybe he should got a "stockist" in the US, to make it more affordable.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts