BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just purchased an E39 and I would like to do some VANOS work. I have read through many of the diy's and have done a lot of mechanical work on various cars, but I would like to have someone help me out with things like cam timing and maybe putting in the updated springs/rings to make the whole thing quieter... Is anyone in the Denver area experienced in this area or know a good mechanic I could talk to about helping out?

Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cant PM reply for slideways' pm

Thanks for the message Slideways, I look forward to meeting some fellow M5 owners in the area.

I still haven't done anything with the car. I would like to do almost all the work myself, Im just not familiar or comfortable enough to do the timing and cam removal myself. After getting all the intake and valve cover off etc, at a shop your have a bunch of $$ in labor before you even get to the vanos and cams. Doesn't make sense for me to do, so Im still looking for someone who is familiar with this procedure and will be willing to come to my garage and help out when I have the engine torn apart enough to access the cams and vanos system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts