BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it would be worthwhile to have a thread that gives information on indy shops who have experience in changing S85 rod bearings (maybe there is one?).

We do not have one here in Calgary so far as I know and I am not interested in being a learning experience for anyone. So I probably will have to take a road trip and get the work done somewhere else, so it would good to sort through the options and experience.

Great forum. Jeff

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I am with you. I have an estimate from Koala Motorsports https://www.koalamotorsport.com
in NE Ohio. They are experienced and have done several. They quoted me $4200 for the job. I think that may be a little high, but I don't have a point of rerference other than some posts from shops in Cali.

I'd love to find someone that could do my bearings, VANOS line and headers for <$5,000.

·
Registered
212 Posts
That's a great price. I'm also in need of rod bearing change. Hoping someone from the Houston area can chime in with a reputable indy shop. As a matter of fact, I'm open to any quality shop in Texas that has experience in this auto mechanical field.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Resurrecting an older thread to see if anyone has an update on a good shop in Houston that is charging a fair rate for rod bearing replacement.
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts