BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if there is another thread like this. I just want to say we need to have an open thread to let board members express their experiences good or bad with other board members concerning sale of used items.

I am not going to name names on here but i have had a couple used items for sale on this forum and have some people seriously waste my time and B.S. me about sending payment.

I think this is a serious matter so we can know who is credible and who is not when it comes to committing to a deal concerning a person to person private sale.

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,320 Posts
I don't think that we should talk about issues like this in an open thread. I think that we should keep things regarding issues with other board members restricted to PM's and emails. But that's just me.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I tend to agree with Jason. If anyone has a bad experience it could be referred to an administrator but accusations & counter-accusations (which we have seen in the past) help nobody and lower the general quality of discussions on the board.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
As is always the case, threre are good, bad, average and all levels in between on forums. I have met some great people and had some good experiences. I had one frustrating one, that's life I guess. When selling anything, don't assume you would be treated any differently than selling anywhere else, then you stand a chance of being pleasantly surpised hmmm

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
I'd say that unless it was an out-and-out rip-off, it shouldn't be posted...

Sure it is a PITA to waste time, or deal with a flake, but I view that as part of the territory. Heck, stuff happens in all our lives that complicates interactions and commitments. (I've been guilty of this once or twice.)

My 2 cents.

Ard

PS Kind of like an ebay feedback post? Well, the problem with ebay is nobody leaves bad FB since they don't want retaliation... useless..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts