BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a bit premature but I would love to get all your opinions on your expectations for Koenigsegg in the rest of 2016 and 2017.:nerd

After the unveiling of the production spec of the Regera and the announcement that all the Agera RSs have been sold, what are your expectations for 2017? A new model or the unveiling of the rest of the special 3 Agera RSs?

Also are we expecting that Koenigsegg will resume its trials on the Nurburgring? And the further development of camless engines?

·
Registered
344 Posts
All 28 (?) RS should have been delivered around March 2017 just in time for the replacement car.. I think the new "Agera" is going to be a hybrid.. He says he dont like them but i think he have to go that way, the V8 is reaching its maximum and the Chiron is 1500hp.

We sure have exciting times ahead of us!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My thought exactly, but it contradicts everything he says about hybrids but then again the Regera's battery pack is really compact and light for what it is so maybe a smaller version of that with the One:1 engine could make 'enough' performance to be competitive.

On the other hand I would love for Koenigsegg to go in the other direction and focus on being as light as possible and keep it at the same power levels as the RS or the One:1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
On the other hand I would love for Koenigsegg to go in the other direction and focus on being as light as possible and keep it at the same power levels as the RS or the One:1
This!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Koenigsegg has been quiet for some time now after the failed Nurburgring attempts. Are we still hoping to see the Agera successor in Geneva 2017 or do you all think they'll focus on the production version of the Regera and the final Agera RS builds? Now seeing such cars as the Aston Martin AMRB 001 and the new Mercedes hypercar, I wonder how Koenigsegg will stay competitive, but I love the fact that they are all chasing the 1:1 ratio and Koenigsegg has already done it! Always ahead of everyone else.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
All 28 (?) RS should have been delivered around March 2017 just in time for the replacement car.. I think the new "Agera" is going to be a hybrid..
#125 is not yet delivered, last RS is #149, and two Agera Final on top of that, I guess you mean March 2018 (at best)? There is still development to be made at the Regera and 30-40 cars to sell, I don't think they will take away focus from Regera as long as they have unsold cars. My guess is: no Regera replacement will be shown until Geneva 2018 or later (delivery starting a year later?)..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought they were going to have two car lines; Luxury oriented (Regera) and track/sport oriented (Agera) but I agree I think they'll probably focus on the Regera.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Even if they had two lines, 115 (Regera RS #1) was delivered April 2015
we have since seen delivery of 116 (RS #2, October 2015), 118 (let's say #3 even if other cars was delivered before this one, delivered in May 2016) 119 (RS#4, November 2015), #120 (RS#5, December 2015), #121(Final#1, June 2016) #122 & 123(RS#6&7, delivered early September), 7 RS and 1 Final delivered in 17 months..

Still 18 RS to deliver and 2 Final.. so almost 1/3rd in the production of the last Ageras.. In this period they will also build 6-7 Regera (at the same or at another production line) .. I'm not sure Koenigsegg will bring an Agera to Geneva 2017 (focus on building them instead) and have full focus on Regera development and marketing and production start-up. Maybe two Regera for this years Geneva? How about bringing a 0-300 (or even 0-400) official record?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Even if they had two lines, 115 (Regera RS(?!) #1) was delivered April 2015
we have since seen delivery of 116 (RS #2, October 2015), 118 (let's say #3 even if other cars was delivered before this one, delivered in May 2016) 119 (RS#4, November 2015), #120 (RS#5, December 2015), #121(Final#1, June 2016) #122 & 123(RS#6&7, delivered early September), 7 RS and 1 Final delivered in 17 months..
Plus #127 (#8, early September) and #128 (#9, mid August)... So 10 Agera's has been delivered in 17 months :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts