BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
My new baby is arriving in around 4 weeks time after a 3 year wait and have enjoyed reading the forums and everyones excitement is very infectious!

I have specced the car a few weeks ago, Sapphire Black, Black leather and piano black trim with most of the extras - yummy. Can I ask a few questions from those in the know??

Can the car key be programmed to put the car in P500 mode automatically on start up? Can the wifes' keys be programmed not too??! :3:

The fuel consumption worries me - will it be a lot worse if I drive around in P500 mode all the time or will it improve much in D mode? Not sure if I care but would like to know :hihi:

For the UK guys, do you know if there will be a maintenance package option for the M5 - there is for most other 5 series but cant see one for the M5 - and how much?

Thanks!

Gustavs Edit:

Nippers old Individual to the max M5 E39:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nipper said:
The fuel consumption worries me - will it be a lot worse if I drive around in P500 mode all the time or will it improve much in D mode? Not sure if I care but would like to know :hihi:
from my experience the difference in consumption between P400 and P500 is bellow 1l/100km

Regards,

Lucian

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Nipper,
Congrats on the expected arrivals!!!!:cheers:
I checked with my dealer and the maintenance package is NOT available on the M5.:sad2: Not sure about programming your key either....I think the car defaults to 400 bhp everytime you start the engine. So you'll just have to "push the button" when you're ready for some REAL power:wroom: Piano black interior has gotta be something ordered from Individual...Nice choice.Have you ordered with a dealer here or elsewhere?

K.

Where are you in the UK? I expect delivery in Sept
Nipper said:
My new baby is arriving in around 4 weeks time after a 3 year wait and have enjoyed reading the forums and everyones excitement is very infectious!

I have specced the car a few weeks ago, Sapphire Black, Black leather and piano black trim with most of the extras - yummy. Can I ask a few questions from those in the know??

Can the car key be programmed to put the car in P500 mode automatically on start up? Can the wifes' keys be programmed not too??! :3:

For the UK guys, do you know if there will be a maintenance package option for the M5 - there is for most other 5 series but cant see one for the M5 - and how much?

Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
v10 kkb said:
Piano black interior has gotta be something ordered from Individual...Nice choice.Have you ordered with a dealer here or elsewhere?

K.

Where are you in the UK? I expect delivery in Sept
I ordered the piano black trim from the dealer - I left the aluminium trim on the door handles and just changed the other bits which I hope will tone it down a bit inside mmmmmm
I am in Northants and have the car coming from the local dealer...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nice one....I didn't know that the Piano black was an option!:sad2: I got offered the alu and then it was just wood options after that!I went for the alu in the end as I didn't like any of the "tree" options.

Although I live in Manchester I have ordered from a dealer in Edinburgh as nearly all the local dealers were quoting 18 month to 2 year wait!

You got a lot on your plate Nipper...New Ride, New Bambino. Congrats again!!:M5launch:
Nipper said:
I ordered the piano black trim from the dealer - I left the aluminium trim on the door handles and just changed the other bits which I hope will tone it down a bit inside mmmmmm
I am in Northants and have the car coming from the local dealer...

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Got your priorities right I see... the car comes first :hihi:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gustav said:
Why not more Individual Nipper? As your old car?

Hi Gustav

Well, it would take me even longer to get the car and you loose all or most of your money on individual items in my experience - might make my car more saleable in the future but I wouldnt get my money back - found that out on my old M5 ouich

1 - 9 of 9 Posts