BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 2001 M5 with 134,000 miles and have been toying with the idea for a while now of changing it for something newer. I've watched the AUC ads for a month or so waiting for a car with the right spec to come up and finally went to see this yesterday (after acting too slowly and missing out on another a few weeks ago):

42,000 miles
Silverstone II

It's fairly well spec'd and has all the options that were on my "essential list" (bluetooth, upgraded audio and USB):

19" M Double-spoke style 167M alloy whee
Bluetooth phone prep + telematics
BMW Assist
BMW Assist online portal
Extended Voice Control System
Hi-Fi system LOGIC7 Professional
High-beam Assistant
M Multi-functional Seats (Front)
Sun protection glass
TV Function
USB audio interface
DAB Radio

I was pretty much sold as soon as I planted my foot to the floor. The exhaust note is intoxicating, so much better sounding than the e39 lovelove

Did a deal that I'm happy with and got a better part-ex price for the e39 than I expected. As it's an AUC car it'll be warrantied for a year and I'll keep up the extended warranty on it after that. The e39 is getting to the age where things are likely to go wrong and so swapping for a newer car with warranty coverage is rather appealing!

Pick up the E60 on Friday 18th so have 12 days to wish away between now and then!!

Excuse the photos, taken on a phone... will of course take some better ones once I have it

Attachments

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Welcome mate, congratulations on the purchase you will absolutely love it. The S85 is the best engine note I have ever heard in my life.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Congrats , nice beast!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Congrats!!! Nice looking wheel too

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Looks great. Those exhaust tips need some love!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Congrats! Mod time!! :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What a car :)

Dealer polished the exhausts as promised! Better photos to come over the weekend!

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Exhaust tips look much, much better. Beautiful car. 167's look great.

Reactions: PeterNem
1 - 20 of 25 Posts