BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let me know what you think guys.

We all know what RPI GTS sounds like through multiple published videos. I specifically chose the quieter GTS system for daily driving, but I knew I would miss the race sound of Eisenmann or Meisterschaft. I was not looking to spend $5k+ for a full valved exhaust, so I decided to incorporate Y pipes with QTP cutout valves to dump some of the exhaust before the mufflers.

Here is the end result. The first set of revs is with valves closed which is what standard RPI GTS sounds like. The second set of revs and the runs are with the valves open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLkD2W6B3PE&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Sounds awesome! Got any pictures of the actual exhaust post modification?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds awesome! Got any pictures of the actual exhaust post modification?

Thanks Man! Here are a couple of shots that would hopefully give you an idea. I used slip on exhaust clamps vs. welding the Y pipes in place so I can perfectly adjust how much the exhaust tips stick out and also to perfectly center them in the bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
581 Posts
Sounds fantastic. Loud enough for everyday and crazy loud when you want to have fun. Dugouts are the best of both worlds. I have a Chevy Trailblazer SS and almost everyone who has one just run cut outs with whatever exhaust they're running. It's a night and day difference.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Don't understand why someone would want to drive a car like this on the street with no mufflers, to me having a nice sounding exhaust like the RPI (I have it ) and hearing your car come down the road from a mile away are two different things. :dunno:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't understand why someone would want to drive a car like this on the street with no mufflers, to me having a nice sounding exhaust like the RPI (I have it ) and hearing your car come down the road from a mile away are two different things. :dunno:
It's simple. Because I like it. I would't want to drive it that loud all the time, therefore I have the valves. I'd say 80% of the time the valves are closed. There are long stretches of open country side roads where I live, and I like opening it up once in awhile. I used to have a meisterschaft sections 1 and 2 with eisennman race section 3, and though it was obnoxiously loud and I took it down after one week, it was also intoxicating and I miss it ever since.

The current set up gives me the best of both worlds with a click of a button and without any sacrifices.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts