BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am hoping some of you can help me with my decision. My plan was to treat myself once I successfully completed my CPA testing, so that is done now and I am looking forward to getting this setup done!

I am torn between two and am hoping people can provide insight...

1.) Straight pipes to tips (also with an x pipe, probably supersprint, rogue etc.) This should be pretty loud.

2.) Magnaflow 14816 with x pipe

I only drive the car ~1500 miles a year at the moment, so my guess is the noise wouldn't bother me much. It is used purely for pleasure. So what would you do? Or do you see any issues?

I appreciate your input. I've had many loud exhaust setups in the past, so I'm no stranger to it. Never on a V8 though...

EDIT: current mods consist only of dinan cai and dinan stage 2 engine software.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
If those are the only options, I'd say save your pennies and fpo with straight pipes with x pipe. Magnaflow just muffles and doesn't really shape the tone.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
magnaflow's are $hit and they drone something awful. you'd be better off going with the muffler delete. personally the best sounding exhaust i've heard to date is the corsa, no drone whatsoever also.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Save your money do the muffler delete and use the saved cash to buy a Powerchip, Shark, or Alpha-N upgrade.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Save your money do the muffler delete and use the saved cash to buy a Powerchip, Shark, or Alpha-N upgrade.

Why would I do that? I have the Dinan software, and it seems like a waste of money to not net much. Maybe I'll just do other mods instead of the exhaust if you guys think my two options are that much of a waste. Coilovers, rear sway etc., should be good upgrades instead I guess. We'll see!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Straight pipes from the cat-back, trust me you'll never stop smiling while driving ;)

·
Registered
913 Posts
Why would I do that? I have the Dinan software, and it seems like a waste of money to not net much. Maybe I'll just do other mods instead of the exhaust if you guys think my two options are that much of a waste. Coilovers, rear sway etc., should be good upgrades instead I guess. We'll see!

How could I have known you had any tuner software before you edited your post to say as such? :dunno:

·
Registered
585 Posts
i installed the H&S cat back system and apart from having it chipped couldnt imagine anything louder it being ubber loud inside the car
top quality sound,when i get it chipped/tuned i will let you know if it had any issues.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
If you've got the money and like to spend it, I think hands down the best exhaust setup is a Supersprint X-Pipe with Eisenmann Race cans.

The closest and also one of the best sounding options is a muffler delete with Timmay Tips. This is my current setup and I love it to *****. No complaints at all. From Tim's craftsmanship to the sound it's top notch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts