BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im not sure which way to go with section 3-i have heard that:
1 RPI is very very loud with lots of drone.
2 meister is ok however there are some Chinese bootleg rolling around
3 Rogue -soso-sound?

please help as i would love feedback and or any clips to assist in which to choose from.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I would say all 3 of your comments are false.

If you want the most HP go RPI. RPI is not loud by the way. If you want the best sound that is SCREAMING LOUD, go Meisterschaft GT2.

If you want the best sound but not ridiculously loud...go Tubi.

I don't think you could go wrong with any of those 3....

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
+1, all 3 comments are erroneous. Go with the Tubi Rumoré for the best sound; nice and loud when you want it as well. Face it, everyone wants a loud exhaust every now and then.

Reactions: 4speedn

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my main concern is the drone-i really dont want or care for more HP,however i do want to enjoy a phone conversation while diving.a few folks have commented that the Meist has lots of drone.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
No drone with Tubi.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

If you want the most HP go RPI. RPI is not loud by the way. If you want the best sound that is SCREAMING LOUD, go Meisterschaft GT2.

i just heard this on YT- wow!
YouTube - BMW M6 - Tubi Rumore exhaust mod

·
8,369 Posts
I agree on this statement.

RPI as some of our members here have stated produced the most HP and it is not that loud.

For excellent sound - Tubi Rumore. Tubi regular is too tame in my opinion.
I have Tubi Rumore and very happy with it. Absolutely no drone at any RPM.

Meisterschaft GT2 is LOUD! If you get the meisterschaft - make sure you have some very understanding and forgiving neighbors.

We are all different, so listen to a bunch of sound clips and videos, then listen to it in person - then decide.
Dont do trial and errors as it will be expensive.

·
8,369 Posts

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Section 3 should not produce any drone irrespective of the manufacturer.

You get drone when you loose your resonators. And when you loose the resonators, you shall have drone with all exhausts, including Tubi. Still, some exhausts will drone more than others. I have a Tubi regular with a Tubi X Pipe. It is not very loud, but it drones a little on low RPMs. However, after a while, the drone is barely noticeable.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
That's right Dan. Think they wanted an extra $1250 or so for the center section, if Ajax's memory serves him well.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
RPi makes great stuff. Not a Tubi by any stretch, but you will still likely be pleased compared to stock.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
This is the EXACT sound Ajax enjoys every evening on the way home from work:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uiM8WIcSSq4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 - 20 of 21 Posts