BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I had my stock exhaust I heard a rattle come from the exhaust's mufflers whenever it was quiet and I was moving slow under accel. You can always hear it when your in a parking garage because its quiet and the sound echos. I was almost positive it was my mufflers so BMW checked it out and when they had it up on a lift and hit the right muffler with their fist it would make a similar sound.. and the left would not. They were going to order me a new right muffler but I purchased the DINAN exhaust. The sound is still there..

Any ideas? This is getting annoying.. is it possible that the noise is coming from an area around the right muffler? What else could make a rattling noise around that area? :dunno:

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Well, since you changed the muffllers already it is obviously not inside the can. I would bet it is on the pipe up at the crossmember area where clearances are tight under the rear passanger floorboard area. There will be a metal brace holding up ur exhaust with two rubber trim peices (these trim pieces sometimes deteriorate) and the exhaust rattles against that brace. Hope this helps and please let us know what your issue ends up being.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts