BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been researching on here and watching youtube videos etc. I don't know if ya'll have heard jbizzy's m6 on youtube but I like the deep sound of it.

I plan on buying an 06 M6 maybe tomorrow or within the next week or so. I was thinking about doing wheels and exhaust at the time of purchase but instead I want to keep the stock wheels and do springs in a few months because of 1. Money and 2. I have no idea where I want to go wheel wise(ACS, HRE, iForged, axis, etc.) but def not anything more than a 20x9 on the front and a wide 20 on the back.

I'm want to order the eisenmann race exhaust with round tips for sure. As for a deep sound and performance the SS seems to sound a little deeper than evosport, is this about right? Also what are the differences between the 2 headers systems in power? The evosport might seem like a better buy.

Last part - as for sound and power, I read the SS connecting(x pipe) are loud but does the resonator sound deeper?

I'm pursuing a combination of power and a deep throaty tone. I like the way all the exhausts have sounded but I would prefer a some what deeper tone not so much raspy and loud. It wont be my daily driver so loudness wont be an issue.

If you got this far on the thread zzzzz, thanks for taking the time to read this and for future help.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ive seen some videos on youtube and meisterchaft idk if i spelled right has a deeper sound than all the rest i heard and as for the rims id go for HRE bit expensive but beautiful rims

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I've been researching on here and watching youtube videos etc. I don't know if ya'll have heard jbizzy's m6 on youtube but I like the deep sound of it.

I plan on buying an 06 M6 maybe tomorrow or within the next week or so. I was thinking about doing wheels and exhaust at the time of purchase but instead I want to keep the stock wheels and do springs in a few months because of 1. Money and 2. I have no idea where I want to go wheel wise(ACS, HRE, iForged, axis, etc.) but def not anything more than a 20x9 on the front and a wide 20 on the back.

I'm want to order the eisenmann race exhaust with round tips for sure. As for a deep sound and performance the SS seems to sound a little deeper than evosport, is this about right? Also what are the differences between the 2 headers systems in power? The evosport might seem like a better buy.

Last part - as for sound and power, I read the SS connecting(x pipe) are loud but does the resonator sound deeper?

I'm pursuing a combination of power and a deep throaty tone. I like the way all the exhausts have sounded but I would prefer a some what deeper tone not so much raspy and loud. It wont be my daily driver so loudness wont be an issue.

If you got this far on the thread zzzzz, thanks for taking the time to read this and for future help.
Jbizzy has evosport headers, bypassed secondary cats and rear resonators, and Eisenmann race mufflers. SS/evosport headers will probably give you the same sound volume and character. And changing the header will give you a deeper exhaust note with a pulsing character. If you have less raspy note go with SS sport mufflers. I have yet to hear what the evosport muffler sounds like.

·
Registered
836 Posts
gasterus is right on. If you want a deeper exhaust note headers are a must. Also much more performance gain than any other exhaust mod. Anything mated to the headers sounds good IMO. I have Dinan exhaust and I think it has an awesome dep tone below 3k RPM but still sounds ferociously F1 at WOT above 3500RPM. From your post I'd be looking at Supersprint or Dinan exhaust mated to either type of headers.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I think I would rather go with the evosport headers for the price, roughly a $2500 difference. I looked at Jbizzy's profile and it said he had the SS headers. If M6 parts were only the same price as Corvette parts, I'm probably on more of a tight budget for pleasure than everyone on here so I'm researching everything before I spend any money on after market.

I've also been thinking about maybe designing part of the exhaust(def not headers but an x pipe for sure). I studied to be an engineer in college and one of my good buddies already designs and builds complete exhaust systems for corvettes in his shop. I talked to him about sending him some Pro-E drawings of piping systems he could easily build and fit on any car. If I need to pay 1K for an X-Pipe, plus shipping and taxes. I could probably have something built here alot cheaper.

As far as mufflers and headers go you really can't go against a company who specializes in BMW's.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Jbizzy has evosport headers, bypassed secondary cats and rear resonators, and Eisenmann race mufflers. SS/evosport headers will probably give you the same sound volume and character. And changing the header will give you a deeper exhaust note with a pulsing character. If you have less raspy note go with SS sport mufflers. I have yet to hear what the evosport muffler sounds like.
Do not get Eisenmann mufflers, they are counterfeit Korean units and not genuine Eisenhauss product.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally read all that stuff in the Eisenhaus post...SS exhaust will probably be my choice as of right now

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I would go with this set up.

Evosport Headers
Sport Cats (extended O2 sensors to sport cat bungholes)
SS X pipe
Dinan Mufflers.

This is the BEST package out there.

·
Registered
397 Posts

Evosport Headers
SS X pipe
Dinan Mufflers.

Cosmos,

How much will that run?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does a secondary cat delete still pass emissions in states other than california?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Do not get Eisenmann mufflers, they are counterfeit Korean units and not genuine Eisenhauss product.
Riksut you have this backwards. Eisenmann make top quality exhaust systems in Germany which they sell around the world. Eisenhaus was the former distributor in the US for Eisenmann products.

See also http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=112300 for details on the split and counterfeit claims against Eisenhaus by Eisenmann Germany.

So one should feel comfortable in acquiring Eisenmann exhaust systems from their new distributors who will guarantee their authenticity.

Check with:

BeastPower Motorsports, Inc.
800 West El Camino Real,
Suite 180, Mountain View,
California 94040, USA
US Phone: 650-641-7220 (877-655-2240 toll-free) / US E-mail: [email protected]

and

IND-Distribution
1979 W. Dundee Road
Palatine, IL 60067
Tel : 847.305.0491 / Fax : 847.991.0263
Email : [email protected]

·
Registered
836 Posts
Even the Eisenmann exhausts previously acquired through Eisenhaus were authentic I believe, it was the Meisterschaft exhausts that were supposedly Eisanmann-made but were not.
Nevertheless, Eisenmann exhausts with headers (even the Sport) were noted by many to drone at cruising, so I would stick with Dinan or SS IMO.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I just finished updating on the Eisenhaus thread. It appears what i wrote above might not be true. Sorry :sad1:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Even the Eisenmann exhausts previously acquired through Eisenhaus were authentic I believe, it was the Meisterschaft exhausts that were supposedly Eisanmann-made but were not.
Nevertheless, Eisenmann exhausts with headers (even the Sport) were noted by many to drone at cruising, so I would stick with Dinan or SS IMO.
I don't really care too much about droning(I have a 6 cyl volvo xc90 as a daily driver:rolleyes:), I just care about sound and power more than anything.

As far as authenticity goes...due to all the counterfeit stuff floating around I might just go with the SS race mufflers.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
You WILL care about droning, it will drive you MAD!!

The above system that I mentioned, NOT including install could run you about $12-15k.

·
Registered
82 Posts

Evosport Headers
SS X pipe
Dinan Mufflers.

Not to mention just about the most expensive. These vendors are laughing at us all the way to the bank.

·
Registered
82 Posts
People, part of the reason I joined this site was to find others that were more interested in finding hp without spending 6 months of mortgage payments. There are many "do it yourself" mods that require little money and a little time. I've shared with you my cat back exhaust system that is performing wonderfully. My point is; these vendors can be bargained with. I called SS and AA and told them I was thinking about buying their products. Guess what? They offered me a discount right over the phone. I want to see more threads about saving money rather than spending.

·
Registered
836 Posts
PennsM5,
I like your perspective, not enough of that around here.
If one wants almost the same performance as the set up mentioned by Cosmos for less $$ and a few less dB then keep the stock secondary cats and section 2 it will save about $5k in parts and several hundred in labor. It's what I have and I love it.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
People, part of the reason I joined this site was to find others that were more interested in finding hp without spending 6 months of mortgage payments. There are many "do it yourself" mods that require little money and a little time. I've shared with you my cat back exhaust system that is performing wonderfully. My point is; these vendors can be bargained with. I called SS and AA and told them I was thinking about buying their products. Guess what? They offered me a discount right over the phone. I want to see more threads about saving money rather than spending.
Thats why I want to build my own X-pipe and maybe look into doing a custom catalytic converter quick disconnect system. The placement of the crossover in the pipe can make a difference in gains but a couple of weekends and a dyno will still be cheaper than a grand on a system. Speaking of which I finalllllllyyyy go my Pro-E installed after being routed around the PTC sales lines all morning.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts