BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys...

I know you guys much be fed up with exhaust threads, but I have a question hopefully someone can help me with...I promised I've searched and watch more youtube vids that you can imagine :blabla:

I'm looking for a system that will be a louder than the Dinan but quieter than the E-Race. My neighbor has the E-Race and he lives a couple of houses down the hill and I can hear the car start everyday. It's quite loud! Someone in my office building has the Dinan and it sounds pretty good, but I want something a tad louder.

Should I get the Dinan and do the Supersprint X pipes? I haven't heard much about E-Sport. Would you guys say its similar to the Dinan?

Does Dinan have mid-section pipes available yet? Didn't see any on the website.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Dinan combined with an xpipe. Either Supersprint or Eisenmann sounds great and provides that nice medium between yhe Eisenmann Race and Dinan cans alone. BD997 has the setup on his car and its very refined and aggressive.

Reactions: BD 997

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got your PM Anthony...Replied back. I've seen all sorts of number scales thrown around, but if stock is a 1 and the E-Race system is a 10, where would the Sport system fit in?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I agree with TCM: Dinan with an X-pipe. I think the E-Sport/SS Sport are pretty simila to Dinan in loudness. Someone (Keang24 I think) posted a thread with the decible levels of many of the differenct systems and combinations.

EDIT:

Found the post. Apparently, it is not a complete as I thought.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=109446&highlight=exhaust

·
Registered
50 Posts
What you could consider is changing to some louder exhaust without the x-pipes and that should give you a more prominent note. I had the Tubi rumor with the X-pipes and it all sounded very very loud. I changed the rumor Tubi to a normal Tubi and it suits me well now.

My rumor Tubi is up for sell now and they only had 500km on it. I am only asking for US$1,200. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
556 Posts
GerGer33: WOW! Can we get some PICS from your KILLER collection? You have some AMAZING cars and I know we would all love to see them!

Onesixeight: I agree with everyone on the Dinan plus X-pipe.(or just some strait pipes for $100 bucks to replace the resonator. Less money and same result) I have heard the Dinan + SS X-pipe in person and it is pretty aggressive without being obnoxious! I really loved the way it idled. Sounded perfect. IMO

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Is the Tubi Rumore as loud as the E-Race?

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
SS Race is much quieter. Especially at higher revs.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How about the Active autowerke exhaust? That one doesn't seem to be so popular here, but it sounds pretty awesome. Can anyone put a number on how loud it is compared to the others?

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
GerGer33: WOW! Can we get some PICS from your KILLER collection? You have some AMAZING cars and I know we would all love to see them!

Onesixeight: I agree with everyone on the Dinan plus X-pipe.(or just some strait pipes for $100 bucks to replace the resonator. Less money and same result) I have heard the Dinan + SS X-pipe in person and it is pretty aggressive without being obnoxious! I really loved the way it idled. Sounded perfect. IMO
Sure. Let me take some pics when I get the time. Should be soon.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I, myself is waiting for the Corsa. Like you, I have listened to every youtube vid out there. It seems quieter than the E-Race, but louder than a Dinan. THe youtube vids of the E-Sport sounds almost stock. The Supersprints sound too deep for my tastes. The Corsa is deep on idle, and at about 5K-6K, it lets out a high-pitched sound a bit lower than E-Race. No drone, as claimed by their RSC technology, as well.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Hi Andrew...

I watched your vids on youtube a couple of times. :)

Are you running any X-pipes?
No X pipes on mine.

i was going to suggest that you also consider the Corsa system, but EM_5 beat me to it. When i heard about the Corsa, I was wondering whether it woould have been a better option for me. I am glad I didn't wait for it though as it seems to be taking forever and I am not sure there is even a definitie production date.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
No X pipes on mine.

i was going to suggest that you also consider the Corsa system, but EM_5 beat me to it. When i heard about the Corsa, I was wondering whether it woould have been a better option for me. I am glad I didn't wait for it though as it seems to be taking forever and I am not sure there is even a definitie production date.
Yeah, by the time it actually ships out to UUC (exclusively thru them), I would have finished growing my Mullet to match my Corsa. :biggrinbounce: But hey! It's fitting for my car after the exhaust, "All business in front and a party in the back." WooHoo...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anyone have an updated ETA on the Corsa? I went through some old posts and looks like the group buy fell apart...

But it does sound pretty sweet... I'm really curious about the AA exhaust system. If someone has it, I'd love to hear an update on how you're enjoying it.

Thanks

·
Registered
291 Posts
You should look into the Evosport Sport muffler. Its in line with what you're looking for.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts