BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive lots of miles so I don't want some organ pipe roaring out at me all the time, but I'm interested in saving some weight and getting any useful power gains that are available.

Answers to these questions would be super useful:

What are my (uk) options for headers and/or systems from after the cat?
How much does the standard system weigh?
What do replacement systems weigh?

Does anyone have any dyno charts I can look at? The Tubi Style site has about 100 mp3 files with what the damned thing sounds like, but nothing useful like a power curve!

Thanks.
Andy

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Headers most popular is Rdsport and supersprint, looking at around 30hp gained with a chip.

Lighest catback system is tubi and saves like 60lbs I think, most others are simply the mufflers...THe large weight gain comes from losing two of the four mufflers.

Most exhaust dont' gain any real power your looking at under 5hp.

·
10,458 Posts
i'd say the supersprint race system is lightest, but probably too loud for what you want. From what i remember, dinan claimed his exhaust saves 66 lbs, and that doesn't touch the resonators. I'd bet you would save >100lbs with a supersprint x pipe and muffler set.
Mike

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Keep in mind Andy that a lot of stuff is not available for right hand drive cars. Tin took his car to Italy and they fitted special RHD SS headers for him out there.

I agree that pound for pound headers give the best upgrade in terms of hp; it's just a question of how much power you really need and how much you want to spend. I settled for a three piece (everything except the headers) Milltek exhaust which I'm very satisfied with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts