BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my M5 since 5/2007 and it currently has about 6200 miles on it. Recently, I've noticed the exhaust note to be deeper; more of a rumble, and slightly louder. I like it!!
Wondered if that's a normal phenomenon, or is it simply my imagination/wishful thinking...

·
Registered
655 Posts
all exhausts change over time. they all need to be "broken in" before they reach there normal tone. it usually happens in the first 1000-1500 miles.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all exhausts change over time. they all need to be "broken in" before they reach there normal tone. it usually happens in the first 1000-1500 miles.
Thanks, good to know.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you perhaps changed the air filter element?
That gives a throtier sound.
Totally stock, all maintenance done by dealer and only had first 1200 mile break-in fluids replaced. Have not had first real service yet...

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
I guess this is going to be another RPI scooops thread hijack!:3: Well, in that case let me throw in my two cents. Next to removing the charcoal filters, this is the absolute best bang for the buck mod out there with proven dyno (both butt and regular) results. Eloy and RPI are without question second to none when it comes to a company you want to businesss with. When they posted the scoops, the did it along with a dyno from a member's car, so there was no quesion as to their claims. Ther customer service is ideal and, as you can tell from some of these threads, they are really having fun with this, which makes it great to deal with them. They have developed friends as well as customers.

For the record, I have no interest at all in RPI and my only connection to them is the scoops and this board. However, I am so F'in sick of the way so many companies run their businesses these days. When I find a quality company, I believe they deserve my support, my business and my endorsement -- whatever that might be worth. RPI is the model all companies should follow!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Searched and reviewed the thread about the RPi air scoops. Interesting mod...simple, inexpensive. Seems to be effective as well...

·
Registered
742 Posts
Hey Guys, we all seem to be speaking very highly about Eloy.
Do you think we are falling in love with the guy?:haha2:
Certainly I am also impressed by his professionalism and punctuality.:applause:
Haven't met him in person since I live in the UK, but you never know.
It's a small world...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts