BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I've searched to no avail. anybody aware of any downloadable ring tones for my cell phone that sounds like a revving exhaust when your phone rings?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I would love to have a loud throaty S62-esque growl every time my phone rings.

I have the theme from Top Gear right now.

·
4,353 Posts

i want my ring-tone to sounds like an f1 car as though you where in fact standing 2 feet away from it...imagine that in a public place, meeting, or school

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
I have a ring tone F1 sound shifting from 1st to fourth...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please tell me that we're not all too old to figure this out.
Please tell me that it doesn't have to take a 12 year old geek to get this done.
Failure is not an option.
Godspeed
(oo)=[][]=(oo)

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I make my own ringtones for free. I use ToneThis. You basically have to have a sound clip (MP3 or WAV), and then this program will send it to your cell phone. You'll then receive it as a multimedia message, save it, and then you can set it as your ringtone.

If this is too advanced and have no idea how to do it, just show me a clip of what you'd like and I'll email you the soundclip.

·
4,353 Posts

Please tell me that we're not all too old to figure this out.
Please tell me that it doesn't have to take a 12 year old geek to get this done.
Failure is not an option.
Godspeed
(oo)=[][]=(oo)
k, i dunno what phones you guys have, but am pretty sure anything equal to or better than a BLACKBERRY PEARL can take any item:

-recorded by the phone

or

-downloaded

or

-text messaged to the phone

and use it as a ring tone for either general incoming calls or set to ring for specific callers...

select/highlight/click the item/recording/media folder then click menu/any button equivalent to menu and it should offer you the choice to add it/save it/apply it/set it as a personal ringer or general ringer...

this should be easier for anyone with an IPHONE, TREO, BLACKBERRY, or similar smartphohes, PDA's, etc

{go out and record your own car or someone else's if they have something better}(i doubt you can edit the length of the recording on most phones so get someone to help, don't just hit record drop the phone next to your exhaust and run to the drivers seat to rev the engine and then run back, because you'll record your running, door opening and closing, panting while running etc)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Most phones ("newer" ones) can use MP3s as the ringtones. So as long as you can get/make an MP3 of what you want, and upload to the phone you're set. You can also use of the many many videos on this site, strip the audio, and voila.

·
Registered
83 Posts
my ring tone is a formula 1 car accelerating from 2nd gear to 6th gear down a long straight away... sounds amazing..

I found mine on cingulars ring tone site.

·
Registered
227 Posts
This Board ROCKS!

I just downloaded "Tone This", and tried it. It's great!

It's just incredible, the information coming from the members of this board.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have a F1 Ring tone... 3 or 4 cars passing by...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ducati ringtone

I downloaded a file of a Termignoni Ducati 998 and bought a ringtone studio software. But people hear it ring rarely are discerning enough to know what fine music rattling clutches are.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts