BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone list what the loudest exhaust to the quietest exhaust are? (mufflers only)

Eisenmann GT
Eisenmann Race
Eisenmann Sport
Supersprint Race
Supersprint Sport
Kreissieg
Dixis
Hartage
RD Sport
Tubi
Araquay
Dinan

I've heard the youtube clips, but i wanted to know what the general consensus was about whats loudest to whats quietest. :haha:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Can someone list what the loudest exhaust to the quietest exhaust are? (mufflers only)

Eisenmann GT
Eisenmann Race
Eisenmann Sport
Supersprint Race
Supersprint Sport
Kreissieg
Dixis
Hartage
RD Sport
Tubi
Araquay
Dinan

I've heard the youtube clips, but i wanted to know what the general consensus was about whats loudest to whats quietest. :haha:

Tell me what loudness and what kind of sound your looking for and I'll tell you which set up to run. Ive heard just about everything for the M5. :cheers:

·
Registered
316 Posts
i want it to sound similar to my M3- not louder.

currently i'm running strebo section one combined with an eisenmann race exhaust

I would say Eisenmann Race mufflers would do the trick. If you add the x-pipe it would sound a bit more aggressive. Neverless, your not going to have the same sound cuz its a V10 compared to a V6 engine...:1: With the eisenmann set up, its should sound very clean and exotic.

Now if you want to step it up to the next level, get the Meisterschaft with x-pipe. It would sound much more aggressive and exotic!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Tell me what loudness and what kind of sound your looking for and I'll tell you which set up to run. Ive heard just about everything for the M5. :cheers:
How about for someone looking for a no drone during normal cruising, but louder at higher rpms. Dont want to not be able to use my handsfree BT phone feature of the car either.
Thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
How about for someone looking for a no drone during normal cruising, but louder at higher rpms. Dont want to not be able to use my handsfree BT phone feature of the car either.
Thanks
I would have to say Dixis on this one! very quite in low RPM's but becomes alive at WOT. dinan would be good as well.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks.
I think I want something less "exclusive" than the Dixis. I've been waiting for the Corsa, but who knows when thats coming out.
Maybe the Evosport Sport muffler.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
I thought about the RPI exhaust, but I just can't get into that new tip design. I don't want to change the look of the exhaust that drastically.

·
Registered
15 Posts
NO DRONE!- please

I am also thinking Corsa- IF this technology about sound cancelling is correct- I'm in. I don't mind a nice, slightly exotic WOT sound- but can tolerate NO DRONE at low rpm cruising (everyday driver). I want to be able to use my cell phone- which is why I just removed my newly installed Dinans- bullshit they "don't drone".

Anyone hear the Corsa's personally (from inside the car while cruising)?
sound clip on RPI or Dixis?

Marc

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Here are some of RPI proto-type exhaust system(see post#11). THey're workig on quad-tips. I believed no drone, but you better ask "m5baller" member for detail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb3h1lcGyNM

I am also thinking Corsa- IF this technology about sound cancelling is correct- I'm in. I don't mind a nice, slightly exotic WOT sound- but can tolerate NO DRONE at low rpm cruising (everyday driver). I want to be able to use my cell phone- which is why I just removed my newly installed Dinans- bullshit they "don't drone".

Marc

·
Registered
291 Posts

Marc
So the Dinans gave you drone? I havent heard that before.
I'm using the evosport SPort Muffler, which is pretty tame. I dont feel that there's any drone, can talk on the phone at any speeds. But thats my subjective opinion.

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
3,395 Posts
I thought about the RPI exhaust, but I just can't get into that new tip design. I don't want to change the look of the exhaust that drastically.
The exhaust will have both that tip design, as well as the more standard quad tip (abet with larger 3.5" dual-wall tips). You can choose the one you want.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts