BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Chaps,

Good morning, today is the first day of e60 M5 ownership for me after I clapped eyes on a Sapphire Black one here in the uk picked it up yesterday, I absolutely love it and am in awe of it, what a fabulous machine!!!

Question, as I line up various parts in my ebay watch list for potential problems in the future;

Are the stock exhausts stainless steel, as I have seen many sets on the net for sale and look to be exactly that!?

Can any of you aficionados please allude?

Many thanks

Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
Chaps,

Good morning, today is the first day of e60 M5 ownership for me after I clapped eyes on a Sapphire Black one here in the uk picked it up yesterday, I absolutely love it and am in awe of it, what a fabulous machine!!!

Question, as I line up various parts in my ebay watch list for potential problems in the future;

Are the stock exhausts stainless steel, as I have seen many sets on the net for sale and look to be exactly that!?

Can any of you aficionados please allude?

Many thanks
Congrats on your Beast!

Regarding your question, many of the aftermarket back boxes, like my Dinans, are stainless steel.

I haven't looked at OEM back boxes in many years, but are you looking to replace your OEM back boxes with aftermarket SS ones?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Killer-Bimmer, thank you for the education, they just look in such fabulous condition and have that tinge to them clearly not being mild steel. Thank goodness.

Fiftytwoeighty, not really looking to change them, it's just a question - I am enthralled to actually have one! What a machine!!

What are the key sh*t traps I need to avoid by running one of these properly so it doesn't let me down, whether it's good or not! I have a stealer less than a mile from my house......lol....

Registered
Welcome and congratulations on your purchase!
What did you buy, what year, cold etc?
It's an awesome machine isn't it?
Whereabouts in South London are you?

Registered
Killer-Bimmer, thank you for the education, they just look in such fabulous condition and have that tinge to them clearly not being mild steel. Thank goodness.

Fiftytwoeighty, not really looking to change them, it's just a question - I am enthralled to actually have one! What a machine!!

What are the key sh*t traps I need to avoid by running one of these properly so it doesn't let me down, whether it's good or not! I have a stealer less than a mile from my house......lol....
Hello and CONGRATS on your E60 M5!

My advice: Make sure you give your M5 plenty of time to come up to temperature before driving off. Do this every time! :checkeredflag:

Other than that, just be prepared to do lots of regular and preventative maintenance. When I purchased my M5, I had all of the fluids changed/flushed (i.e. oil, rear differential, transmission, coolant, brakes, etc.), change the spark plugs, drop in a new set of engine air filters as well as cabin air filters, and have the dealership inspect the entire vehicle for current/potential problems. :M5launch:

Enjoy the new beast in good health. :cheers:

Cheers,

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Chaps,

Thank you kindly, I am suitably chuffed to finally get my hands on it.

I don't know how you type your footers out and get them on screen, perhaps someone could educate me on this?

Sapphire Black metallic, extended black non- perforated merino leather, air con, rear blind and rear door sun shades, anthracite headlining, brushed aluminium trim panels, bi-xenons, head up display, active seats, full electric movement and heated seats, electric folding mirrors, fitted with Michelin pilot sports all round. Bluetooth enabled, cruise control, I-drive, high beam assist, sunroof, logic 7 sound system, rear privacy glass. All with just 50k miles on the clock for an excellent price... :flag:

Registered

congratulations on the new purchase. I suggest you establish a base line. Swap all fluids, filters, plugs. Having your motor oil tested will give you a good indication of engine health. Change your oil every 5,000miles.

This thread will make you rethink swapping the exhaust...at least section 3. http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e6...121-i-love-roar-our-s85s-post-your-clips.html

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
You are right, I shall do this, albeit, not long sold my Ferrari, and this now makes much more sense and reliability....once a had Triumph TR6, and sold that recently too.... Bloody thing...if it wasn't one thing, it was something else... A right pain in the a*s...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts