BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Can anyone recommend a shop for a section 3 exhaust install? I tried american muffler shop in LI but the guy wanted me to leave the car for an entire day for something that takes an hour.... hmmm

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Hey Guys,

Can anyone recommend a shop for a section 3 exhaust install? I tried american muffler shop in LI but the guy wanted me to leave the car for an entire day for something that takes an hour.... hmmm

Thanks!
It'll take longer than an hour to get to your car.

But yes, call George. I'll actually be there tomorrow to pick up my car after getting some mods done :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
George (M5 Deamon) squeezed me in last minute and did a great job with the install. Thanks again guys! I'll post some vids on the exhaust thread.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Glad all went well on a last minute thing!George is excellent and treated my car like if it were his own.enjoy your new exhaust!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where is George located I am getting my exhaust within the next couple of weeks and would like to see him. I went to American muffler as well to get my Resanator delete and they didn't seem to confident he put the car on the left and asked me to come in the shop and asked me is this the Resanator? At that point I didn't feel to comfortable he is the "professional" then also while sitting in the waiting areas my 3 year old opened the door for a second and the guy yelled to close the door cause the AC was on. My first and last time there

·
Registered
758 Posts
It was about $3k with parts and labor. I bought the kit from Jim Colley at fastattack motor sports fir $1,250 and labor and a few other rod bearing miscellaneous part was about $1,700. But George replaced a few other non rod bearing related parts while in there. Those are not part of the estimate above

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
187 Posts
It was about $3k with parts and labor. I bought the kit from Jim Colley at fastattack motor sports fir $1,250 and labor and a few other rod bearing miscellaneous part was about $1,700. But George replaced a few other non rod bearing related parts while in there. Those are not part of the estimate above

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Not to derail the OP's thread.
But did you do the rod bearing as preventative maintenance or did you have issues, just curious? thx.

·
Registered
10 Posts
if you dont mind answering, how much did you pay for the rod bearing service with george? Im thinking about getting my rod bearings done and just trying to get a ball park figure as to what it will come out to for a job well done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts