BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bro and I have been thinking about what exhaust to get for an e60 m5.
And we have narrowed it down to 3...supersprint, eisenmann race and last but not least tubi style/italy.
Before you guys tell me what you like the most here are somethings that i am concerned with: cabin sound, i can't stand a loud daily(while my other car is really loud i cannot stand driving a loud car everyday to and from work. HP increase, since i am somewhat new to the board what exhaust produces more HP? Quality, just like all of you i am into nothing but the best, things such as fitment bug the living grrrrrrrout of me. I know that sometimes exhaust tips on certain bmw's won't fit right ...etc etc
Please let me know what all o you guys think!
ciao:byee55amg

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
This topic is especially appropriate for the search function. You will find many, many threads and videos. Here is mine: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80291

The short answers are:

(1) Your volume criterion eliminates Eisenmann. The basic rule of thumb is if you want to only wake your spouse and children, stay with stock, if you want to wake your neighbors, get Supersprint, and if you want to wake your whole block, get Eisenmann.

(2) You should not expect noticeable power increases from any aftermarket muffler. The reason to get one is for the improved sound.

(3) All of the models you are considering are of excellent quality.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Sounds like an Eisenmann Sport Performance would be best for you. The Sport system still has a nice deep tone but is perfect for daily driving.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I have the supersprint sport. Very nice sound, cabin noise is at a minimum. Like the others have said, HP increase is not really the reason to get an exhaust.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have done no exhaust changes. But I do have a thought... Headers.

More $ yes. But barely changed idle, with more honk when wfo. And, its the only way to get a power increase.

WL

·
Registered
331 Posts
I recommend the Dinan.

I had the Dinan exhaust put on three week ago. I think it is the best of both worlds. Minimal noise at idle or crusing speed, but with a more authoritative lower sound. But, when you put your foot into it, it gives you a sound that can't be forgotten. You can tell that this engine was derived from Formula 1. Just my two cents.

JDS M5
:wroom:

My bro and I have been thinking about what exhaust to get for an e60 m5.
And we have narrowed it down to 3...supersprint, eisenmann race and last but not least tubi style/italy.
Before you guys tell me what you like the most here are somethings that i am concerned with: cabin sound, i can't stand a loud daily(while my other car is really loud i cannot stand driving a loud car everyday to and from work. HP increase, since i am somewhat new to the board what exhaust produces more HP? Quality, just like all of you i am into nothing but the best, things such as fitment bug the living grrrrrrrout of me. I know that sometimes exhaust tips on certain bmw's won't fit right ...etc etc
Please let me know what all o you guys think!
ciao:byee55amg

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Sounds like an Eisenmann Sport Performance would be best for you. The Sport system still has a nice deep tone but is perfect for daily driving.
The Eisenmann Sport has horrible droning at around 2000 rpms. It sounded great from the outside but the inside noise was tough on the ears.

I currently have the SS Sport and really like it but most people here would think it is too mild. I probably would agree but my intentions in the (near) future are to put headers on so I thing the SS Sport would compliment them very well without getting the wifey too mad.

Cheers ///

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have Eisenmann Mesisterschafts and it sounds AMAZING!

But for a daily driver, I would stay away from them. My M5 is my weekend ride, so its perfect

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:grinyes: She still a virgin with less than 1200 miles. I guess it gives me time to think about what i want. My wife and children already hear the 550hp m3 rumble on the weekends. they may whip me if they hear the same rumble from the garage m-f. :byee55amg for the :deal:
:byebye:

This topic is especially appropriate for the search function. You will find many, many threads and videos. Here is mine: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80291

The short answers are:

(1) Your volume criterion eliminates Eisenmann. The basic rule of thumb is if you want to only wake your spouse and children, stay with stock, if you want to wake your neighbors, get Supersprint, and if you want to wake your whole block, get Eisenmann.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:3:
ill look into it . Its funny you suggested this because i have had this exhaust before on my current e46 m3.
Does the sport version have the same oval tips as the race version:confused2

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Excellent choice going with headers and ss sport.mmmmmm
Yea i cant stand eisenmann's droning character.
I want to choose something that has the similar oval tips as the eisenmann race.
ideas guys?

The Eisenmann Sport has horrible droning at around 2000 rpms. It sounded great from the outside but the inside noise was tough on the ears.

I currently have the SS Sport and really like it but most people here would think it is too mild. I probably would agree but my intentions in the (near) future are to put headers on so I thing the SS Sport would compliment them very well without getting the wifey too mad.

Cheers ///

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dinan is definitely something i have thought about before. I did a search on youtube to see if there something but no luck
:1zhelp:

I had the Dinan exhaust put on three week ago. I think it is the best of both worlds. Minimal noise at idle or crusing speed, but with a more authoritative lower sound. But, when you put your foot into it, it gives you a sound that can't be forgotten. You can tell that this engine was derived from Formula 1. Just my two cents.

JDS M5
:wroom:

·
Registered
344 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have SS race and I like it quite a lot, yet, Im thinking about getting the Eisenmann race just for the hell of it...
The SS race sound is deeper and throatier then stock and reaches a fabulous sound between 2500 and 3500 rpm

Think nascar but lower of course....

·
Registered
167 Posts
i have the esienmann race. simply put its loud.
with all windows up and doing 80mph its nice in the cabin.

i think you should go with esienmann sport is not as loud, but personally i heard the new DINAN system and i think its even better.

dont go with the race system if you even thinking about how loud it is.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
i have the esienmann race. simply put its loud.
with all windows up and doing 80mph its nice in the cabin.

i think you should go with esienmann sport is not as loud, but personally i heard the new DINAN system and i think its even better.

dont go with the race system if you even thinking about how loud it is.
Yeah, it's loud, no doubt about it. But even if you're on the fence about it, I would consider it. I was torn for the longest time, not wanting to have an obnoxiously loud exhaust as my daily driver (this is my only car) and within minutes of pulling out of the installer's parking lot, I was convinced I would get rid of it within days. I've had it for several months and I can't imagine going to anything else, much less back to stock. I drive 30 miles round trip everyday to and from work and it's absolutely tolerable and intoxicating:biggrinbounce:.

Perhaps everything is relative, though, since several of the NY guys have the E-race or Meisterschaft PLUS an x-pipe (and even Section 1). Mine sounds relatively tame in comparison:)

Good thing about the Eisenmann is that I don't think you'd have a hard time selling it if you don't like it since they're in pretty high demand.

·
Registered
47 Posts
From my experience,
The eisenmann always creates alot of "drone"...
no matter which system it is. eisenmann drone is horrible.
Ive had the eisenmann race on my e46 m3 before.. and i sold it for a Dixis Titanium Exhaust. which had no drone at all.
Supersprint Race has always been a great exhaust. and it sounds great.. with little to no drone if you get the X&S pipe...
Tubi also sounds very dazzling .. and Tubi makes exhaust system's for exotics..... to my memory....
But in the end. i would seriously get either the Supersprint .. or the Tubi..
maybe Kreis-seig? might be little too expensive.... but its valve-tronic !!!
you can never go wrong with a valve-tronic

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Does anybody in the NY are have the Dinan installed yet? I am dying to hear this in person.

·
Registered
129 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts