BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, I will be supercharging my beast in a few months and wanted to find out what exhaust/header system would be the best of the application. and would you consider upgrading the cats? the supercharger will be running at 5 to 7 psi.

emperor

:3::eek:h::eek::wroom::confused3

·
Registered
770 Posts
First off congratulations on deciding to Supercharge your Beast. Since I know it’s not us who’s doing it I’m interested to see the outcome of your project.

Having shared this, does the shop doing your S/C install have a suggested exhaust set up? I would think they would have a preference of manufacturer to go with your new system.

For both normally aspirated and S/C cars our preference is for the complete Supersprint System including the headers and cats.

Good luck with your project I look forward to hearing the updates.

Sean

·
Registered
947 Posts
Hi Emperor,

good luck with the supercharging. Would be great to hear more details from you on who/what where you are doing to the beast with which products.

Maybe a picture book similar to the ones discovery do, theyre always drool-worthy!!!

As for exhausts etc, i've heard that Supersprint offer the most complete solution front to back.

Good luck - keep us posted!!! mmmmmm
foxy

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Hey E,

Congrats on the S/C.

I would agree on the Supersprint Headers and Metalic Cats, But then to really spice it up/ Class it up, go Tubi Cats back after that.

But I may be a little biased. :noSMG:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Awesome project. The power boost is like nothing else on earth. Since I did my 993 back in October, I have been smiles and big grins every time I drive it. I would like to see/hear how your's turns out.

Good Luck :cheers:

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
There is no feeling in the world like when BOOST kicks in

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Hes going to get his about the same time as my car and thats after the photoshoot in a week to 10 days :cheers:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Emp. is probably going to have renn sport supercharg his car...woulud be my guess. Considering that Renn Sport is now Technik Engineering and they have been concentrating alot on the development side of things..

Emp...i would suggest a Supersprint setup for good sound and performance as well as Technik carries it in house.

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
On my 4.4L Dinan supercharged 540i I have just taken off my Supersprint and went with Eisanmann race version muffler with custom x-pipe.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any particular reason why you took off the ss exhaust.

emperor
:M5rev:

jimmyz2 said:
On my 4.4L Dinan supercharged 540i I have just taken off my Supersprint and went with Eisanmann race version muffler with custom x-pipe.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Black M5 said:
Hes going to get his about the same time as my car and thats after the photoshoot in a week to 10 days :cheers:

That's amesome, make sure you make some videos asap for the future s/c minded folks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts