BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
During my engine rebuild I decided to build my own exhaust rather than spending a lot of money on eisenmann backboxes. when I found pictures of an opened kellener/eisenmann muffer I was really disappointed about the quality of the internals.

So I thought "Hey, let´s make it better!!" ;)

I like to share those pictures with you. Hope you like it.

Here you go...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! It`s already on but I didn`t had time to make a video. But I will do when the weather is better! :wroom:

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
That is cool! Thanks for the pix.

My only nitpick would be with the seams (I don't know what you used) from an aesthetic point of view, since they'll be visible when standing (or driving) behind the car.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is cool! Thanks for the pix.

My only nitpick would be with the seams (I don't know what you used) from an aesthetic point of view, since they'll be visible when standing (or driving) behind the car.
What seams do you mean? the boxes are high temp coated matt black now. with the diffuser painted matt black (looks nice with a TiSI car :M5thumbs: ) you won`t even notice that there are aftermarket mufflers under the car. :cool2:

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
What seams do you mean? the boxes are high temp coated matt black now. with the diffuser painted matt black (looks nice with a TiSI car :M5thumbs: ) you won`t even notice that there are aftermarket mufflers under the car. :cool2:
If you had them coated matte black, then you're good to go :)

I meant the seams around the "oval." Or the "face" of the exhaust.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Great job.

·
1,939 Posts
I'm impressed. Beats the Hell out of my "How to fit a towbar" demo...

Nice work. Also looking forward to the installed pictures.

YG

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
impressive setup.

sheet metal work is something I never had the patience to do. not too shabby of a shop setup if all the metal work was done in house.

Water Jet or shear press?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Very nice!

Was that stainless steel wool wrapped around the inner tubes? I'd hope so because normal steel wool will quickly rust.

What material is the fluffy white stuff?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you for all your posts!!:imnotworthy:

Water Jet or shear press?
laser cut.

Very nice!

Was that stainless steel wool wrapped around the inner tubes? I'd hope so because normal steel wool will quickly rust.

What material is the fluffy white stuff?

Jep, it`s stainless wool around the inner tubes. It`s done to prevent the silencer wool from blowing out though the holes of the inner tubes.

the fluffy white stuff the special fiberglass silencer wool. mmmmmm

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Today I had the chance to make some short clips of the exhaust. Sorry for the crappy IPhone clips ( I sized them down because of upload time).

It was a rainy day today so the conditions were not the best for full throttle... :haha:

Here you go!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts