Discussion Starter #1
Just finished specing the car last night,

Sapphire Black Metallic,
Black Full Nappa Leather
M Sports Seats(With the lumbar support)
Bluetooth phone upgrade
Brushed Aluminium trim

Will arrive in April :M5launch:

What is everyone elses spec, is everyone going for the full leather and the seats which I think are a must.

all the best
adam

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well, I would have noted down the spec I have ordered here............but suffice to say if you see an identical vehicle to yours, it'll probably be mine :)

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Very nice fellas. Does the car come standard with the logic 7 stereo? if not, I would recommend it unless you want to do an aftermarket stereo. The L7 is about as good as a 7/10 on a well done after market system- but its about a 9.5/10 for an OEM one- JMHO.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Actually, I was probably somewhat brief.

The L7 is not standard and yes I have added it. In addition, I have specified the alacantra roof lining and the rear seat heating. The windscreen with the green shade band was added at last minute ( could not believe that was not standard )

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
If I were going for Black/Black then I would consider full leather too; but since I have chosen a brown(ish) colour for the interior it would be too overwhelming in full leather. I actually prefer the two tone black/brown effect, especially on the doors, that you get with extended leather.

Also, since we have two boys both under three full leather would simply get spoilt. The black plastic trim on places such as the lower door panels can withstand scuffs (& vomit & coke & ice cream etc.) much better than any leather.

My car is very highly specced otherwise. I am currently in India but will post an updated spec once I get back.

Finally, I must say that April delivery for RHD seems very early Adam. Have you got some special arrangement for an early car or is a dealer demo/HEA vehicle?

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We were were thinking about the stereo too, however myself and family are not too into music :)

Ashok,

I agree full leather with the little ones would be too difficult to clean,
re: april, i just asked to be put down on the list back before we got our e39, i think we were first in the country;)

best wishes
adam

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Adam said:
Just finished specing the car last night,

Sapphire Black Metallic,
Black Full Nappa Leather
M Sports Seats(With the lumbar support)
Bluetooth phone upgrade
Brushed Aluminium trim

Will arrive in April :M5launch:

What is everyone elses spec, is everyone going for the full leather and the seats which I think are a must.

all the best
adam
Adam, How come you will get yours in April? Are you buying LHD in Europe. The first Demos will be in UK early May ready for the 17 May UK Launch. I have been told the earliest customer cars will be August!!

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JohnH said:
Adam, How come you will get yours in April? Are you buying LHD in Europe. The first Demos will be in UK early May ready for the 17 May UK Launch. I have been told the earliest customer cars will be August!!
Our salesman(who we have had for 5+ years and is very good) said April, but ill believe it when i see it,probably will be May, but fingers crossed.

August is when the second car for the dealership will be delivered.

Cheers gustav :cheers:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
zzzzMD said:
Wow, when's your USA delivery date? I haven't even been asked to spec a car yet. hmmm :crying:
I'm #2 (#1 is dealer demo),was told October delivery.
My specs at this point are my wishful thinking only,dealer is not able to spec the car yet.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Adam - is it Barons Hindhead?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Nice 1,ashok...glad to see you went for black as well,best colour for the 5 series by a mile.
You going to be the first board member with one ?
Looking forward to hearing your impressions of it.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Adam said:
Our salesman(who we have had for 5+ years and is very good) said April, but ill believe it when i see it,probably will be May, but fingers crossed.

August is when the second car for the dealership will be delivered.

Cheers gustav :cheers:
Adam, Think you will find the one arriving in May will be the demo which they cannot sell until it has been used for 3 or 4 months. If you are no 1 on the list then likely delivery date is August. I am no 1 at Barons in Farnborough and expect to get it August.

·
Registered
271 Posts
JohnH said:
Adam, Think you will find the one arriving in May will be the demo which they cannot sell until it has been used for 3 or 4 months. If you are no 1 on the list then likely delivery date is August. I am no 1 at Barons in Farnborough and expect to get it August.
Yes - that is what I am told. I am number one at Sytners in London and told 2 August (which has been confirmed by the factory not just by a salesperson).

Adam - if this is what is confirmed by the factory please let us know! I would like to start knocking heads if that is the case!

·
Registered
943 Posts
SUPRA said:
Congrats Adam!

A friend has LHD week 9 delivery, last week of Feb. into Sweden.
Do you mean production w 9.

The earliest cars for Sweden are demo cars that will be delivered during w 11.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts