BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange but I know there must be lots of electronic boxes under the seats and I think it may be generating heat. When Im driving i have the AC on fan 3 or 4 speed but i feel heat coming up in front of me its very strange. My butt feels very warm and I never use heated seats. Its starting to annoy me

What could be going on here? is this normal? It reminds of if suffocating inside my vintage Jaguar E Type.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Strange but I know there must be lots of electronic boxes under the seats and I think it may be generating heat. When Im driving i have the AC on fan 3 or 4 speed but i feel heat coming up in front of me its very strange. My butt feels very warm and I never use heated seats. Its starting to annoy me

What could be going on here? is this normal? It reminds of if suffocating inside my vintage Jaguar E Type.
I don't have this at all. G/luck getting it fixed.

·
Registered
740 Posts

My car used to do that... plus AC not working properly.. I brought it to the dealership and they said it was a faulty temperature sensor... they replaced it and fixed all the problem...

On another note, on the i-drive there is a setting that turns your ac vent program from hot to cold, that could also be the problem... I would try that before going to the dealership...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Good advice. Mine was going to be 'lay off the burritos'.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
During long drives the first summer I owned my beast, the AC had the passenger compartment nice and cool yet I noticed the seat back and cushion getting hot.

Took the car in for service, everything working properly.

Something about the way the seats are designed in our E60s doesn't let them breath like other cars. Now I understand why they offer ventilated seats, an expensive fix for a problem resulting from one of their better ideas. :3:

If it really bothers you, look into sheepskin covers or aftermarket seats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts