BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning guys!

My girlfriend has bought an Alfa 147 GTA. She picks it up next weekend. I'm really excited - it's rosso with black leather - so is the classic Italian colour combo.

It was awesome on the test drive with it's 3.2 V6 which sounds magnificent - and it looks like a real menacing machine with it's wide arches.

I'll write a full report and post some pictures the week after next when it arrives.

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
DerRudy said:
very nice hot-hatch!
but how will it cope with all that power on just the front wheels?

it handles teh power very well! There are aftermarket differentials available also. There even is a 3.t GTA from autodelta with ++300hp :haha2:

More pictures please :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
My friend has one too in the exact same color combination as your girlfriend's. If you like the growl of the alfa V6, may I suggest this as well:

The Novitec quad pipe exhaust system really complements the acoustics of this car and adds to the already appealing aesthetics by adding some symmetry to the rearend.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Lovely car. Is it new or second hand? If its run in then a few runs to the red line should confirm your decision to buy it!

·
Registered
331 Posts
we want pictures :biggrin:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys

My girlfriend is now the proud owner of a GTA - we picked it up on Saturday.

It's fantastic in every way - looks, comfort, quality of the interior (which has great 1960s style black leather racing seats - much better than MB leather), the handling (it just grips and grips) and, of course, the sound of the V6. It's a 2003 car with 32k miles so it is nicely run in ;)

A couple of blasts through a tunnel near me with the windows down were worth the purchase price alone!

Something else that is wonderful about it is the reaction of other road users - they all seem to love it - and there is none of the negativity one sometimes encounters in the M5.
Plus when it is parked, people always come to look around it - old and young alike.

Right - you want pictures! I've been too busy driving to take any but I'll get these up this week. When we picked it up it was gleaming but now, due to the customary Scottish summer with all its rain it is rather dirty - so I'll get it all shiny again for the snaps.

I strongly recommend you trying one of these cars - such a great engine - none of this vulgar 2 litre turbo stuff! and it feels so nimble as it is so small.

Shame it is sitting in the garage whilst I am at work now :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts