BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a E60 m5 on order with a estimated delivery date of November 9/10. How do i find out the exact status of my car? What is the number that i must call to find out more speicific details about my car. Thank you. Also, i ordered the portland brown interior how exactly is the dash diff on the extended leather interior compared to the standard interior. Thanks in advance.

-Lou :cheers:

P.S. This is my father's car. So when i say ,i it really means my father. But i also am a true car freak especially with my bimmers. I have a 330i nicely modded that is my own baby.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Believe it or not..your dealer will have better information than BMW/ NA. I have been calling every couple of days and my sales guys always logs in and checks. BMW/NA are brief and not detailed on their reports.

M5Floyd

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great thanks!, floyd what combo have you ordered? just want to get a feel of what people are ordering in the states.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep already signed up for owners circle i have the production number already. Just want to see how you guys got your status codes.

·
Registered
331 Posts
///MLOVER! said:
yep already signed up for owners circle i have the production number already. Just want to see how you guys got your status codes.
your dealer can give you your status code.

·
Registered
431 Posts
answers first:

I have ordered a black saphire with silverstone II full leather w/active seat, "i wanted the vent seat package" as i live in Florida and need the cool air on my bum and back. Also: fold down rear seats, no HUD, no sat radio, no auto shade as it will be tinted the day i get it.

Now:
The owners circle is a nice site but is delayed 1-2 days with it's update and doesn't give us the status code what is what tells us exactly what is going on. Once production starts on my car on tues, I will try my best to ignore the little steps and wait tilll Friday or the following Monday to check. Other wise I will go nuts calling my sales guy for updated codes 2 times a day. Etc...its getting the engine, it's now getting the tranny, it's now going to the paint shop....so, I will just check on when it's about to ship.

The dealer can:
Tell you the status numbers while in production.
Follow the car and tell you the name of the boat it is on.
Tell you when it hits port.
Tell you when it is at the pre-center getting checked out.
Let you know who and when it is on a carrier.
Check with dispatch on exactly where the carrier is and when it is due to dealer.

m5floyd

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
The number you are looking for is 1-800-831-1117. They have a VERY up to date status on your car.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Regardless of what you read in these forums. USA production doesn't start until Sept. 6th. The plant has been closed and will re open with the new USA specs on the 6th..that is this TUESDAY. Some MIGHT start Monday just to get the line set up.

FLOYD

·
Registered
955 Posts
m5floyd said:
Regardless of what you read in these forums. USA production doesn't start until Sept. 6th. The plant has been closed and will re open with the new USA specs on the 6th..that is this TUESDAY. Some MIGHT start Monday just to get the line set up.

FLOYD
Incorrect. Dingolfing is open and producing at full capacity since Monday, Aug. 22nd.

and many US-spec M5 (including mine) are actually ahead of schedule.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
tifosi said:
Incorrect. Dingolfing is open and producing at full capacity since Monday, Aug. 22nd.

and many US-spec M5 (including mine) are actually ahead of schedule.
Correct. Cidair talked to a friend who works at Dingolfing, and he said they had 3 weeks off, and restarted the 22nd. Can't get a much better source than that.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Ok,,I stand corrected, I just got off the phone with BMW and my car is STATUS 155 waiting for final inspection and will be finished by TUESDAY! It will then sit and wait until the boat is full, then it will sit in the us for a couple of weeks waiting for the US to let the dealers have it.

They are head of schedule but don't get you hopes up too high, I am thinking early OCT to Mid OCT...

FLOYD

Wolverine said:
Correct. Cidair talked to a friend who works at Dingolfing, and he said they had 3 weeks off, and restarted the 22nd. Can't get a much better source than that.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
m5floyd said:
Ok,,I stand corrected, I just got off the phone with BMW and my car is STATUS 155 waiting for final inspection and will be finished by TUESDAY! It will then sit and wait until the boat is full, then it will sit in the us for a couple of weeks waiting for the US to let the dealers have it.

They are head of schedule but don't get you hopes up too high, I am thinking early OCT to Mid OCT...

FLOYD
Floyd,
There is virtually no wait for the boat to fill up. These boats carry BMWs, Audi, VWs, MBs, so they can't fill the boats fast enough. The transit time on the boat is 12-14 days, and anywhere from 1-6 days in VPC and finally off to a truck coming your way. I still stand by what I have said : You will have your car in the first week in October, if there is no hold up at the VPC

·
Registered
431 Posts
That is great news and i so hope the process is that smooth. I will let all know when it casts off and the name of the boat.

Floyd

Rezf said:
Floyd,
There is virtually no wait for the boat to fill up. These boats carry BMWs, Audi, VWs, MBs, so they can't fill the boats fast enough. The transit time on the boat is 12-14 days, and anywhere from 1-6 days in VPC and finally off to a truck coming your way. I still stand by what I have said : You will have your car in the first week in October, if there is no hold up at the VPC

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
m5floyd said:
That is great news and i so hope the process is that smooth. I will let all know when it casts off and the name of the boat.

Floyd
Please do keep us updated. I know this is an exciting time; hell, I've gone through the same thing a few times
:cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts