BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've finally got section 1 race muffler installed. I must say that this is the sound that I was looking.
In addition, it does feel like a got a bit more power from the secondary cat delete.
I'll try to post a video soon.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Nice.....I think I am gonna delete those secondary cats as well......

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I'm curious, what is the benefit of swapping out Section 1 instead of Section 2? It seams like people go Xpipe and exhaust, instead of Section 1 and exhaust, just wondering what you've noticed from the set-up and why you went that route.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wanted a significant increase in sound as well as a raspier change in exhaust tone. The x pipe and the race pipes were about the same price. And from what I gathered from some of the board members was that you get a slight increase in HP as well. Theres a dyno using an eisenman section 1 that shows this.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
So you went with a cat by-pass Section 1? Would race cats have a negative effect without headers? If you get a deeper tone with Section 1, I might consider that because I have been eyeing an X-pipe. Thanks for the response Kwan, your exhaust sounds great!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So you went with a cat by-pass Section 1? Would race cats have a negative effect without headers? If you get a deeper tone with Section 1, I might consider that because I have been eyeing an X-pipe. Thanks for the response Kwan, your exhaust sounds great!
Yes, I went with the cat bypass section 1. This is only recommended if you're planning on keeping stock headers.
Definately a deeper tone, but raspier and more suitable for a high revving engine IMO.
I dont think you can go wrong with High flow cats whether you keep stock headers or upgrade headers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts