BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ALL... Just wanted to start a new quick thread - I started a little on another thread but didn't want to take any thunder out of that thread... :nono: Sooo... Many of you know me by my Dinan Throttle Body Experience... cherrsagai Well - as stated before I am done with them (Dinan), and for good reason - in which I found out today! (2) weeks ago I found (through another thread) that the Dinan front springs are failing.. So I started on a new venture of looking for a new mod from a new tuner... First of all I had to get the Dinan Srpings off since they tell us it will be up to 5 - 6 months for Dinan to replace them all. So I ordered the H&R's - freaking love them :applause:- from the ride to the awesome lowered look on my car... Highly suggest them.. :thumbsup: Next on my venture I found the Evosport Web Site - Ordered the following - Front wheel spacers / Pulley / Headers / X Pipe with High Flow Res's..... Got the Pulley and spacers early this week.. Headers / X will be here probably next week late. Today along with my spring swap - the spacers and pulley were installed. Front (2) wheels pulled out a little further and compliment the new H&R lowered look.. Next the Pulley - I have got to say and am very excited - after all the Dinan mods - this was the very first Mod I have ever done that I can honestly say - I totally feel more power from this mod - incredible!!! (where has this feeling been??) On the other side of the coin it makes me feel sick of all the cash in the up front mods where the only thing I felt was my wallet get skinnier.. grrrrrrr:mad: ouichouich I can not wait for the headers and X pipe to be installed.. I have been calling Evosport for the last 2 weeks during my order binge with them.. Guess what?? A warm body answers the phone and when they tell you they are going to call back - they do. :applause::applause::applause: Been dealing with Dale - great guy - today I dealt with Brad - We discussed my ordeal with the Dinan throttle body install and how concerned I was with screwing with the software - he called Powerchip, and called me back, and we have come up with a game plan.... Awesome - can't wait to continue to talk with them.. Awesome customer service - one more thing - I didn't feel like they were feeding me a line of BS - very upfront and also didn't give me a big sales pitch to buy a bunch of crud.. Thanks for that, and thanks to them I am in love again with modding... lovelovelovelovelovelove Which I am sure my installer will be excited about again... If you haven't ordered the pulley yet - order it!! Thats gotta be the best bang for less than $500 bucks!! WOW! :M5launch::M5launch::M5launch: ....Wonder what the headers and X will feel like?:dunno: I am going to Dyno after I get the Headers and X on.... Can't tell me I won't see gains....

Reactions: jorgeassoc

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Good luck Junky. I personally love the headers. Beware, they really
change the character of the beast. It took me a few days to get
use to it as it's much louder. People will know you are coming, that's
for sure.

I'm very interested in hearing your experience with the x-pipe.
Why no cats? You need cats Junky! :haha2: :1zhelp:

Seriously, the cats and possibly the resonator are on my list
of things to do this summer.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck Junky. I personally love the headers. Beware, they really
change the character of the beast. It took me a few days to get
use to it as it's much louder. People will know you are coming, that's
for sure.

I'm very interested in hearing your experience with the x-pipe.
Why no cats? You need cats Junky! :haha2: :1zhelp:

Seriously, the cats and possibly the resonator are on my list
of things to do this summer.

I can not wait my friend... I am excited as heck to get them on...:1: My pipes are already great sounding (one thing Dinan got right)...:rolleyes: I can't wait to hear the tone after the install... I believe the secondary cats stay in place and the only ones that are removed are the first ones that are attached to the stock header pipes? - I'll check unless someone else knows here.... My X pipe will have the resonators.. I could have opted for no resonators, but I don't want the car to sound ignorant or maybe I do... It was a tough decision... :) Thanks for the luck... I will tell you - the power pulley makes my beast feel entirely different.... Wow - I have to admit I was a bit shocked - I guess I am use to getting in after a mod is done and really trying to feel for the power gain..:rolleyes: This time it was there!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
JUNKEYafter all this modding what are you going to do. gforce supercharger kit lol i know we all have the bug but im gald you are back in the game after that dinan horror story with the tb

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I can not wait my friend... I am excited as heck to get them on...:1: My pipes are already great sounding (one thing Dinan got right)...:rolleyes: I can't wait to hear the tone after the install... I believe the secondary cats stay in place and the only ones that are removed are the first ones that are attached to the stock header pipes? - I'll check unless someone else knows here.... My X pipe will have the resonators.. I could have opted for no resonators, but I don't want the car to sound ignorant or maybe I do... It was a tough decision... :) Thanks for the luck... I will tell you - the power pulley makes my beast feel entirely different.... Wow - I have to admit I was a bit shocked - I guess I am use to getting in after a mod is done and really trying to feel for the power gain..:rolleyes: This time it was there!!!!!!!
Yes, the headers remove the primaries. Section 1 and section are
left untouched. I was asking about your secondary cats. Evosport
offers high flow cats with an O2 bung. That way you can rewire
your rear O2 sensor behind the secondary cat to avoid (possibly)
the CEL that you will inevitably get. You're options on that is
to get software (non-Dinan), deal with it ( :nono: ), or attempt the
rewiring.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JUNKEYafter all this modding what are you going to do. gforce supercharger kit lol i know we all have the bug but im gald you are back in the game after that dinan horror story with the tb
hmmm.... Thats an idea.... :cheers: A G-Force supercharger.....:1: that my be cheaper than the jet engine I thought about strapping to the under-carriage.. :hihi: As long as it does not say Dinan on the side - count me in... I am back to modding.. :thumbsup: LOL!! The bug is strong - I think with spring around the corner its only natural... :cheers:

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Evosport is a great company and they have excellent customer support and stand behind everything they sell.

Reactions: M5 Junky

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, the headers remove the primaries. Section 1 and section are
left untouched. I was asking about your secondary cats. Evosport
offers high flow cats with an O2 bung. That way you can rewire
your rear O2 sensor behind the secondary cat to avoid (possibly)
the CEL that you will inevitably get. You're options on that is
to get software (non-Dinan), deal with it ( :nono: ), or attempt the
rewiring.
I'll talk to Evosport on Monday about the Cats... As far as CEL - I am getting the Evo software and I am pretty sure there is something written in their software that corrects the CEL light... I don't want any lights :lightbulb: on the dash except the "M" and the "DSC off"... Basically what Evo is going to do is when I send them my ECU they are going to re-program around the Dinan TB stuff... So basically they are going to correct my air/fuel mix which would be great - among other things I imagine.. Dinan software II made the fuel extremely rich...

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I'll talk to Evosport on Monday about the Cats... As far as CEL - I am getting the Evo software and I am pretty sure there is something written in their software that corrects the CEL light... I don't want any lights :lightbulb: on the dash except the "M" and the "DSC off"... Basically what Evo is going to do is when I send them my ECU they are going to re-program around the Dinan TB stuff... So basically they are going to correct my air/fuel mix which would be great - among other things I imagine.. Dinan software II made the fuel extremely rich...
Yes, Evosport/Powerchip software disables the CEL associated with
the cats. This is what I have and works like a charm.

·
Registered
922 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts