BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered RPI's: full gt exhaust for my beast, pulley and intake. Does anyone have any dyno information or related expereince with evosports headers with rpi's exhaust. I appreciate all the feedback in advance!

Josh

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I just ordered RPI's: full gt exhaust for my beast, pulley and intake. Does anyone have any dyno information or related expereince with evosports headers with rpi's exhaust. I appreciate all the feedback in advance!

Josh
I have had evo headers with rpi full exhaust before switching to rpi headers. I think with evo headers you lost a midrange torque. Both RPI and evo graphs on the dyno were from my car. Soundwise, it sound like v8 muscle car combined with f1 high pitch. I will dig up my video clip once i get home.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, that is "big difference" between the headers on the dyno sheetouich

There is a guy on the board with a pretty inexpensive set of evo headers for sale that I was thinking about getting, but looks like with my rpi exhaust...it would not be a good fit!

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Wow, that is "big difference" between the headers on the dyno sheetouich

There is a guy on the board with a pretty inexpensive set of evo headers for sale that I was thinking about getting, but looks like with my rpi exhaust...it would not be a good fit!
yeah. used evo headers sell in mid $2k. I sold my evo headers for $2500 shipped for fellow boardmember and i paid $4999 plus installation:(

I never regret my decision when switching from evo headers to rpi headers.

Check this out, http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/136875-rdsport-m5-vs-rpi-m5s.html. Full RD sport included headers/exhaust/tune pretty much even with just full rpi exhaust with ecu tuned (both cars have rpi scoop so that even out). It irrelavent to compare evo headers with RD sports headers, but my point is car with aftermarket headers not necessary stronger than stock headers.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I have had evo headers with rpi full exhaust before switching to rpi headers. I think with evo headers you lost a midrange torque. Both RPI and evo graphs on the dyno were from my car. Soundwise, it sound like v8 muscle car combined with f1 high pitch. I will dig up my video clip once i get home.
The numbers look good. Is there any difference in the sound level? Evosport headers have a reputation for being LOUD! What about the RPI headers?

·
Registered
836 Posts
The numbers look good. Is there any difference in the sound level? Evosport headers have a reputation for being LOUD! What about the RPI headers?
Since the RPI headers are essentially stock headers with primary cats deleted they are the quietest headers other than stock. If Kenny posts a clip of his RPI exhaust set up after RPI header install that would be a good comparison since the only difference between the clips would be Evo to RPI headers. How about it Kenny?

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Since the RPI headers are essentially stock headers with primary cats deleted they are the quietest headers other than stock. If Kenny posts a clip of his RPI exhaust set up after RPI header install that would be a good comparison since the only difference between the clips would be Evo to RPI headers. How about it Kenny?
I will post video side-by-side between evo headers w/full rpi exhaust and rpi headers w/full rpi exhaust. since I can't surf youtube from workgrrrrrrr, I will do that when i get home.:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts