BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evolve has sent me an addition to their tune to get the “Snap Crackle Pop” out of my exhaust. As you can hear in the video, the exhaust really likes to clear its throat when you let off the gas at high rpms. It works really well when you are totally catless but I have been told it works well with just a secondary cat delete to. Evolve can send you the revised tune for just a small fee if you are an existing customer with a stage 2 or 3 tune. Just another reason to buy this unbelievable tune from Evolve. Turn your volume up and listen to the sweet music.
Evolve's Snap Crackle Pop - YouTube

·
Registered
301 Posts
I love your sound! It's beautiful!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is an option to their Stage 2 and 3 Tune. The option is called "Back Fire".

·
Registered
464 Posts
I think it sounds cool because we associate the sound with race engines that used to do this, (too rich without load) but dumping fuel into the exhaust is kind of a waste... Lash too tight or burned exhaust valves make this happen too. Even with all that, it still sounds good (even if it isn't an indication of a healthy engine).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was ensured by Evolve that this does not affect the performance of their tune in any way. Maybe Evolve can explain.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have catless headers with the full RPI exhaust. It is an amazing sound!

Reactions: tonyd2ad

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Love the sound, but still trying to wrap my brain around it. Isn't this similar to the methods used to pre-spool turbos prior to launch by either altering the injection and ignition timing or exhaust VANOS timing to allow a little fuel past the cylinder to combust? Wouldn't this raise the EGT and be at least somewhat detrimental to primary cats if you have them?

Mind you, I think proper cats should be further down the exhaust chain to let the engine breathe a bit better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts