BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

here is given to lots of request an M5board member X-mas special on Evolve remaps.

Package 1:

-Power mapping
-improved throttle response
-sport memory button
-V-max delimit
-post cat O2 delete,optional without additional charge
-rev limiter change,optional without additional charge

Price: 450$

Package 2:

-Alpha-N
-Power mapping
-sport memory button
-V-max delete
-post cat O2 delete,optional without additional charge
-rev limiter change,optional without additional charge

Price: 720$

Secondary air pump delete also available...

For further information,contact me or Evolve.

Cheers,

Raikku

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sorry,guys,typo for package 1.

It is 490$...

Sorry again....
Hey ~~ my name is Jake `

Since I live in South Korea ~ I wanted to ask you if its possible to participate for Xmas special.

Plase let me know , I have coupple other owners who might be intereted ~~ and What is ''' Alpha N""????

Is it a cold ait intake system?

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jake,

we will find a way to make the remapping your car possible.

Alpha-N is basically getting rid of the stock MAFs by using throttle position(ALPHA) vs engine rpm(N) to calculate the air flow.

Sent you a pm with my email...

Thanks for your interest,

Raikku

·
Registered
597 Posts
Is the alpha mod a easy DIY, does it involve purchasing any other parts to make up for the lack of MAF's?

Do you have to send the ecu in to be tuned? Do you have a authorized shop in the greater Seattle area that can do it? If I am good with software and such is this a DIY flash?

Can you give a list of benefits vs other companies? Dinan Stage 1 is about the same price and can be done by my local stealer ship. PowerChip has great deals and an incredible rep. There are many others out there as well. Why go with this option? Please excuse me if there is a thread that answers these questions and point me in that direction.

Cheers,
Rob

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hi Rob,

no worries,I am here to answer questions!

You can do the reflash easy yourself,even easier,if you are hand with the computer.

The Alpha-N upgrade does not involve buying any other parts.
Two things have to be phsically done to the car:

The first thing is connecting a laptop with the cable(which is sent to the individual customer via mail) to the OBD port to download and upload the software.

The second thing is to disconnect both MAFs,pin out and isolate 3 wired of the bank2 MAF connector and reconnect it(reason is,the intake air tem sensor is located in the bank2 MAF and is still needed as a value).

We will guide every customer through the process of downloading/uploading the software.
Usually we log remotely into the customer computer and install the driver for the cable.

Nobody out there is left alone on his/her own doing the upgrade.

There are plenty of threads regarding our Alpha-N

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39-m5-e52-z8-discussion/155557-s62-goes-alpha-n-impressions.html

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e3...-my-evolve-automotive-alpha-n-experience.html

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e3...n/159564-evolve-alphan-impression-w-pics.html

Basically,the throttle response in normal and sport mode is way smoother and linear.The jerkyness in sport mode gone.The car drives like a car with throttle cable,throttle input is linear to throttle opening.

And never ever the need to buy MAFs again;)

Nice feature is the sport button memory funtion,btw...

I hope you understand,that I will not comment on the advantages our software has compared to our competitors.

But I can say,that many of our customers had already software from well known companies on their cars before we did them.
And they were surprised that their car performed even better than before.

Cheers,

Raikku

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Hi Raikku,
Just a fast question: I'm contemplating the installation of Evolve Headers (wallet permitting) maybe late in the Spring 2011. Should I wait with the remap(package 2) until then or just go ahead?
Cheers,
Magnus

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Guys, the Alpha-N is well worth it and this is a good price. I've been very happy with the way my car runs, and Evolve's customer service is top-notch.

Reactions: vantaam5

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Raikku,
Just a fast question: I'm contemplating the installation of Evolve Headers (wallet permitting) maybe late in the Spring 2011. Should I wait with the remap(package 2) until then or just go ahead?
Cheers,
Magnus
Hi Magnus,

if you want,you can already go ahead earlier with the remap and we do a free update of the software when the headers are installed.

Or you wait until spring and get the full package all together.

Option number one might be not so bad,as you can split then the costs for the upgrades...

In your case,I would ask you to send your ECU over and I map it on my car,as the mapping tools I have here a a bit complicated to use.
Is also possible to get hold of the second cable and send it over,but I have to talk with Sal about the time frame,as it is also in circulation in Europe.

@Mike:

Thank you for the kind words,my friend!
Happy you like your remap!:byebye:

Cheers,

Raikku

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Graphs of the power mapping software with correction factors.
Stock graph is the highest power run,remapped graph is the averange power and torque gain.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Those look good, Raikku. Going to have to upgrade to this, I'm afraid. :)

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you very much for the interest,gentlemen!

Seems like quite many of you get the christmas present for their beasts very soon!:)

Sal and I agreed that I take care of the logistics regarding the shipping of the cable for the US.
If anyone is interested in the Evolve remap,please contact me via pm or email.

Cheers,

Raikku

·
Registered
642 Posts
I'll second Mike S' comment. I had great success working with Sal. He stayed late to ensure I was taken care of and did promise me any new upgrades that come out, which I appreciate greatly. I have had no problems with my AlphaN and upon opening my air box to find K&Ns recently, didn't have to worry about my MAFS. Great mod. Looking forward to the writeup on how to complete a Timing Check for the S62 so the power is maximized.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thank you very much for the interest,gentlemen!

Seems like quite many of you get the christmas present for their beasts very soon!:)

Sal and I agreed that I take care of the logistics regarding the shipping of the cable for the US.
If anyone is interested in the Evolve remap,please contact me via pm or email.

Cheers,

Raikku
This is extremely tempting. Having owned the beast a mere 2 months I am already being sucked into the modding madness :1zhelp:

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Can I have sport mode without the heavy steering? That's what I want.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts