BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Damn lol. The front end on the white M5 shot up like it was gonna take off into space!

Reactions: DocsV10 and Mcc420

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Was that the higher HP C63? A friend has one and has out run some M6 with his. Although he will not race me!!!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Damn Steve,

Your car is a beast!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Sorry besides the $hit tune he has pulley, k&n filters,x-pipe, meistershaft rear section. I say $hitty tune because I had it and I was losing big time to that same c63. Before eurocharge I had autologic and I would hold him. Sorry I have a bad taste in my mouth from my whole eurocharge Toronto experience :(.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Nice! :M5rev:

I have an EC tune in my E60 now...had it for 6yrs and it does just fine against many equally modded cars. However, I do see, hear and read that other folks prefer tunes from Evolve the best.:cool:

As far as the C63, watch out for those. All being equally modded, they can be downright nasty. One main problem with the C63, like many German cars, is that they are heavy mofo's. Yep, the C63 sedan tips the scale around 3,980lbs...heavy for a mid-sized sedan, but it makes sweet torque. They are easier and slightly cheaper to mod vs. the M5. I like 'em both, that is why we have both. :15:

Thanks
Hard5 :biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
201 Posts
C63 may be heavy, but our cars are heavier. The C63 sure sounds awesome!
Yep and Yep! :M5rev:

I like the unique sound of the E60 M5's, but I prefer the muscular sound of the AMG V8's better. :cool:

Funny, if you ever go to one of the AMLS races, you may notice how many people turn and look at each other when those yellow Corvettes pass by with their thumping ground pounding V8's...that is what the AMG V8's remind me of. :tonquesmilie:

You often see a similar reaction at the F1 races when those AMG pace cars pass by. I like to F1 engine sound, the E60 M5 reminds me of that sound to some degree. I have not heard the new 2014 F1 Turbo engines in person yet, but a bunch of buddies and I are planning on going to COTA in Austin, TX again later this year to check it out. :1:

Thanks,
Hard5 :M5launch:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Yep and Yep! :M5rev:

I like the unique sound of the E60 M5's, but I prefer the muscular sound of the AMG V8's better. :cool:

Funny, if you ever go to one of the AMLS races, you may notice how many people turn and look at each other when those yellow Corvettes pass by with their thumping ground pounding V8's...that is what the AMG V8's remind me of. :tonquesmilie:

You often see a similar reaction at the F1 races when those AMG pace cars pass by. I like to F1 engine sound, the E60 M5 reminds me of that sound to some degree. I have not heard the new 2014 F1 Turbo engines in person yet, but a bunch of buddies and I are planning on going to COTA in Austin, TX again later this year to check it out. :1:

Thanks,
Hard5 :M5launch:
I was at the Monaco F1 races last month the new turbo V8s are still plenty loud! The SLS and C63 wagon pace and safety cars are just as loud! I couldn't help but droll over them as they passed by each time.

Reactions: cfrishman

·
Registered
719 Posts
Sorry besides the $hit tune he has pulley, k&n filters,x-pipe, meistershaft rear section. I say $hitty tune because I had it and I was losing big time to that same c63. Before eurocharge I had autologic and I would hold him. Sorry I have a bad taste in my mouth from my whole eurocharge Toronto experience :(.
Damn dude! I know this is a old post you posted but man it is a timely post that I came across tonight! Thank you you literally helped make up my mind as to which tune I need to go with. I was debating between Euro & Evolve and $hit you killed that car... Like you once had I actually have "Autologic tune lol it was cheap and took off the governors etc but that evolve tune and videos you posted are official man. These are my mods below: and I'm hoping with this evolve tune it will wake the F$&@ up out the car

Rpi scoops
Underdrive pulley
Full custom (hand fabricated) all sections exhaust
Decatted headers ( install is next weekend) reason why I need tune in place
New air box filters

I hope to really see and feel a difference with tune since Autologic not cutting it loll. Kinda cool to see that someone actually tried Autologic though lol

Thanks again for a great post though old very helpful dude

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I added headers this year fastest run was 11:72 :). The evolve tune rocks. I have a autologic scanner so that's what made me try there tune and it wasn't bad. I would hold the c63 with it but with the Eurocharged he would walk me and with the evolve tune I walk him as seen in the video :).

1 - 20 of 103 Posts