BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Evolve Tune w/ Exhaust Overrev/Burble Feature

13K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Duschanio 
#1 · (Edited)
So Salman sent me another tune just for giggles with the exhaust burble feature enabled. I uploaded it a bit ago and went out to make some videos. Please excuse the videos my friend bailed on me at the last minute before we went to record so I was left to do it all myself lol. I need new friends, college kids aren't reliable. ouich lol JK.

I took about six videos but I picked two that I thought were the best. The car did an insane burble that was at least 3-4 seconds long but I didn't have the video going! Bad on my part but this feature is pretty neat. You do have to get high up there in the RPM band to experience it and it is best if you are catless to hear it. It is also hard because my damn car is SO LOUD! It draws an insane amount of attention when I'm cruising slow in a low gear with the rpms through the roof.

Now before the burble tune my car did backfire on lift off a bit due to the catless nature, but once the conditions are right with this burble tune uploaded there is a significant increase of burble/backfire/overrev/farting whatever you want to call it. hiha I'll have to toy with it some more later.

Watch in HD!

#3 ·
Not 100% sure, that is definitely a question they will have to answer.

#7 · (Edited)
It can be, but from my research over on M3Post where a lot of guys are running it you have to have a primary cat delete to really take in the full benefits along with a section three exhaust modification.
What am I listening for? Can't really tell anything from those videos.
Listen for the noises after I lift off the throttle you'll hear it go pop pop and some crackles.

Skip to 1:37 in this video this is where they demo it on the S65 engine.

Is this real haha? I may need this.:M5thumbs:
Try it out I'm sure you'll like it.

#8 ·
Lol, my Jag cracks, pops, bangs like crazy without any software ;)

#9 · (Edited)
You cheated and bought a new car. :S lol

#10 ·
Mine has been burbling and popping for years...:M5thumbs:

#11 ·
haha Isaac, when you mentioned this to me I asked Sal and he said I already have it. I guess I was just being selfish and never shared the experience with you guys lol

#12 ·
Mine burbles and sometimes pops when downshifting but at lower RPMs 3.5-5k - usually when downshifting into 2nd or 1st or backing off the gas pedal. It's really nice with the valves open. I love my E-Tronic exhaust lovelove

#15 ·
No I believe that is it. I did have my tune updated already the other day and got an additional map with the over rev feature.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.