BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Company Representative for Evolve Automotive
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Presenting the latest addition to our fast growing range of high quality exhausts.

Evolve RS Catted Headers for BMW E60 M5 and E63 M6

Stock Primaries
Replacement 100-Cell Grade 1 HJS Catalytic Converters
Fully assembled and welded with flange as a direct bolt-on solution to stock downpipes.

As you can see the CAT's are very large and present an excellent power increase through the rpm range (dyno graphs will be posted)

The taper from the collector to CAT and CAT to flange are long and smooth aiding smooth air flow.

This is an ideal fit and forget solution unlike a decat setup and present similar power gains.

HJS manufacture different grades of CAT and these are their premium quality ones.

You will not fail an emissions test which is done by measuring C02 and hydrocarbon levels with a probe in the exhaust tail pipes.

As far as the CEL light goes, we have had no issues at all.

Our stage 3 tune has already been developed for this upgrade and the gains in power are very satisfactory.

This is just information at this point as we have many requests for exhausts from the V10 guys after they saw what we have been doing on the E92 M3 and E39 M5.

Prices will be released very soon.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

We are also releasing a full exhaust system.

Parts Available:

-Secondary DECAT section
-100 Cell Secondary CAT section
- X/H Pipe
- Rear Mufflers with 120 x 80mm tail pipes with evolve logo

More info and pictures to come...

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Nice , can't wait to see the results and the SOUND cause we all know headers ruin the V10 F1 sound and make it like a V8 :( , BTW is the alpha tuning available for the headers yet ??

·
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These won't ruin the sound. We are only essentially replacing the CAT with one that gives hardly any restriction.

Sound changes when you change the length of the primaries or make them unequal as the pulse tuning changes.

Looks like the first few will be installed in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I can see the difference in the Cats, but the headers themselves look just like the stock ones in the photo. Maybe I'm missing something...

I see that you mention stock primaries (headers) but the title on the post is "Evolve RS Headers E63 M6 + Exhaust Info" which made me think at first that these would have "Evolve RS Headers".

Anyway, thanks for posting info on your Cats.

·
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mark,

You have the same thing with RPi. It's a stock set of primaries with a decat section.

This is a complete set of headers, modified with high flow cats and are supplied like this.

I will post up the dyno results, I think you might be quite impressed with what this very simple upgrade does.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Hi Sal!

I have been waiting for a long time for this. I already have the Tubi X Pipe and Mufflers. With this, my exhaust shall be complete.

However, I need to know how it will effect the volume of the car. As you know, the cops here are very strict about volume and cars get impounded for a month regularly.

I would appreciate if you could post some dound clips in addition to the dyno results. Also, will I loose back pressure with the set-up that I have?

·
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Sal!

I have been waiting for a long time for this. I already have the Tubi X Pipe and Mufflers. With this, my exhaust shall be complete.

However, I need to know how it will effect the volume of the car. As you know, the cops here are very strict about volume and cars get impounded for a month regularly.

I would appreciate if you could post some dound clips in addition to the dyno results. Also, will I loose back pressure with the set-up that I have?
Hi Hassan.

You'll have one very quick M6 after you install this.

It doesn't get that much louder at all so not to worry about the police.

Sound clips unfortunately were not taken but as soon as start fitting a few sets over here we will get them up.

You will have no issue with back pressure. I will need to update your map though.

Need to send you the evolve-R cable, send me an email and let's get that moving.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Hi Hassan.

You'll have one very quick M6 after you install this.

It doesn't get that much louder at all so not to worry about the police.

Sound clips unfortunately were not taken but as soon as start fitting a few sets over here we will get them up.

You will have no issue with back pressure. I will need to update your map though.

Need to send you the evolve-R cable, send me an email and let's get that moving.
This is good news Sal. :)

Let me know when you guys are ready to deliver. :cool2:

·
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Prices finalised:

$3565 is the price based on an exchange rate of 1.6 dollars to 1 GBP
€2593
£2203

Prices are subject to VAT where applicable (UK and EU only)

There will be a refundable fee for a core exchange.

I hope that's a reasonable price for something that comes with pretty much the highest quality of CAT offered.

GB prices can be achieved with a 15% discount for a minimum of 5-10 orders.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

·
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sal! What is the refundable fee for the core exchange?
I guess it will just be the cost of a second hand set of stock headers in good condition.

We will need to just work out an average buy price for these.

We will make no profit on that of course.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts